Above his bed there was a huge poster of the horror classic 'Carrie', and several light pointed towards it. On your right side there was a desk, a laptop covered in dust still opened as if he was going to continue working on it at any moment. As if he would barge in with Chris, show him what movie he had illegally downloaded this time, followed by both of them watching it on the tv on your left. Chris would probably be hugging a pillow to his chest, while Josh just watched with eyes glistening in amusement.

But that wouldn't happen anymore, not after this trip to the mountains.

It was a funny thing actually, you couldn't remember when you started liking Josh. You did remember the time when you and Josh went to the basement to fire up the boiler, and he tried to kiss you as you continued to tease him. But you also recalled the moment he revealed himself as the psycho, the feeling of your wrists tied to the table and the way his hand wrapped around your throat. Your breath still hitched as you thought back to that moment. That wasn't Josh, and if it was, you were certain that side of him would never return.

But then he saved your life. The memory was vague but the sound of screeching and gasping was so clear. The feeling of your body falling onto the ground, as Josh attacked his own sister. The poor guy being forced to kill her to guarantee your and his survival. It was a sacrifice no one should have to make.

As you became lost in your thoughts, you had paced towards the big window. There was a huge oak in their garden, with a lost branch running towards the window you were standing in front of. A few twigs had been snapped off the sides because of Josh' escapades. The times he was grounded but sneaked out of his room by climbing out of this window just to meet up with his best friend. Trying to climb back up and almost tripping and falling. You were sure he'd broken a few bones here.

You smiled at all the possible scenarios that popped into your head, and as you were so invested in your own thoughts, you completely missed the sound of the door creaking open. The heavy footsteps that sauntered in your direction, eyes roaming over the decor of his own room. His claw collected some of the dust on his laptop, and he furrowed his eyebrows at the thought of not having seen his own room in weeks. There was an aching in his chest as he recalled all the memories that had happened here. When Chris and him created their first movie using action figures and his crappy camera. When Hannah and Beth slept over and braided his hair and forced him t put on make-up. His dad giving him the huge Carrie poster to hang above his bed, and he first few nights he jumped as he woke up, because the picture of the bloody woman scared him.

But this moment would also become one, as he walked up to you. You still unaware of another presence in the room, and shrieking as he wrapped his long arms around your waist. He could feel you tense, but you visibly relaxed again and began to lean back against his torso. He was still several heads taller than you, and you were sure he was around 7' ft right now, so he towered above you and probably had to crouch down in order to get on your level.

"You have a nice room, Josh." You whispered, turning around and looking up to face him. It still felt unusual to see him with a huge gash in his cheek, his eye almost completely turned white. The sound that fell from his lips were probably meant to sound human like, but only a growl was formed. His hand trailed from your side up to your cheek, were he weaved his fingers into your hair to feel the smooth texture of your strands run through his fingers.

Josh seemed hesitant about something, and you wanted to ask what he was thinking about. But without being able to open your mouth, Josh had leaned down and placed his lips against yours. You tensed at the sudden gesture, and it didn't feel like he was trying to kiss you. His lips were very dry and they didn't move at all, one of his teeth was poking at your lower lip and it felt like it was gonna tear the flesh, or at least leave a dent.

But you were hundred percent sure he was indeed trying to kiss you, and as you watched his good eye close, it confirmed your thought.

It was awkward, but the meaning behind it warmed your heart. He liked you, he kept looking out for you. And even after he had teared your shoulder, and the scars were still pulsing, he was holding you so gently.

"Josh... I missed you. I actually still miss you." You confessed with tears in your eyes after you pulled away from the kiss. Your hands clenched around the fabric he was wearing as you felt your throat become dry out of emotion. Josh responded in another growl, a little quieter than before, as if he tried to repeat your words. You knew he was able to form some words, but he was having a lot of trouble doing so.

"These last few weeks... should never have happened, and I'm still wondering if it isn't a nightmare. I'm still thinking about when I'll wake up and end this horrid dream." You wiped the tears that spilled from the corners of your eyes quickly with the back of your hand, before you continued to talk.

"I'm exhausted and I don't know what to feel anymore. I want to go home. I wanna talk to Chris again, and have breakfast with my parents. Play with my dog, and grab a hot cup of tea as I read the last pages of my favorite book... I want my old life back." The air was pregnant with tension as you stopped talking. It sounded like you were getting tired of being around Josh, and that was not true at all. So you quickly grabbed his hand, and held it up to your cheek as you cried.

"I'll wait for you. I'll be here till you get better, then I'll be able to do all of that with you by my side. Please, Josh... get better soon."