volume II: new people

"Okay everyone,"

Isabella was standing on a stool, speaking to at least 80 people working on the set today. Working for her.

"We have about 20 minutes until..."

She looked down at her clipboard, searching for the name.

"Finn. Until Finn gets here."

The people all nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"Alrighty! Let's get started."

She hopped down from the stool, her black vans hitting the cement floor. She flattened out her grey button up shirt, monogrammed with a gold LV on the pocket. And then shoved a hand in her back jean pocket. Looking down again at her clipboard, she noticed that she was the one welcoming this Finn person.

Weaving through people, she bumped into her mother.

"Hey sweetie! How's it going, my little boss lady!"

She rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Mom! I'm trying to be professional. And I have to go pick up Finn."

"He's a nice boy. You'll like him."

Isabella shot finger guns, and ran to the main lobby. The 'sophisticated bun' her mother tied her hair into was now a messy ponytail; a result of all the running and dodging assistants with coffee trays.
Finally making it to the lobby, she pushed through the doors and waited at the valet stand.

"Hey, Giorgio."

"Miss. Vuitton! I heard you are in charge today."

Giorgio was like her best friend. Not just on set, but at home too. Whenever her parents couldn't be around, he'd stop by to take her to a movie, or the arcade.
He was a tall Italian man, with black hair that was slowly turning to grey.

"Yep. It's scary. I could easily mess it up."

He shook his head and waved a hand.

"No, do not be scared. You will do great."

She smiled, and remembered what she was out there for.

"Thanks Giorgio. I'm expecting a Finn?"

"Ah yes, here he is now."

Isabella turned her head, her eyes meeting a blacked out Cadillac. The door swung open, revealing a tall boy, about her height, with dark brown curls and brown eyes.
They locked stares, and for a split second, there was a burst of energy that both of them could feel.

"Finn?"

He smiled, and it made her heart flutter.

"Bella Vuitton?"

She nodded, sticking out a hand for him to shake. He took it, and shook it gently.

"Very nice to meet you, Ive heard nothing but good things."

He blushed a bit, showing her the auburn freckles that splayed across his cheeks. He really did look like a model, that's what he was.
Right?

"As have I. I'm really excited to be working with you."

So, this gorgeous guy has heard of her? Wow,
today could be better than she thought.

"Speaking of that, we should probably head in. I can show you around."

He waved to the driver getting his bags, and followed her inside.
They proceeded to the hallway just beside where they'd be shooting.

"Alright, So, this is your dressing room,"

She pointed to the gold plate engraved with his name.

"And mine is just across from yours. Chances are I'll be wandering around the set so if you need me, I suggest sending a text,"

He nodded, and watched as she pulled out her phone out of her back pocket.
She handed it to him, and he entered his number into her contacts.
She sent a message, and sure enough, his ringer went off.
Grabbing his own phone from the pocket of his jeans, he looked at the message.

"There, now you have my number."

"Maybe I could use it after shooting too."

"Maybe you could."

She winked, and started backing up.

"Get settled, and meet me at styling in 30!"

He waved, let out a sigh, and watched her run off, fist bumping the other workers.
Although they just met, Finn felt something.

For god sakes Finn, you just met her.

But you like her. You know you do.

-

"Is this styling?"

Finn's voice echoed through the door, and Isabella swung it open.

"In here, Finnlard."

He chuckled lightly.

"Ah, I see you've been in contact with Millie."

She raised an eyebrow.

How did he know Millie?

"Millie Bobby Brown?"

"Yeah."

"How do you know Millie?"

Now he was the one who looked confused. But that confused look slowly faded away, to a thinking stance.
Knowing that she was unaware of who he was, he didn't want to make himself seem superior. She was treating him normal.

"Mutual friend. She calls me that nickname."

Bella smiled, and nodded along.

"Well, now we both call you that."

The blush returned to both of their cheeks. Isabella gestured him further into the room, next to a rack of clothes she had picked earlier.

"Okay, so this might take a while, the colour process and matching the prints,"

She didn't realize, but in her rambling Finn had gotten closer.

"And not to mention all of the materials,"

Finally realizing how close they were, her breath shallowed.

"A-and, uh, I-I have to make sure the, uh, styles are corre-"

"Are you nervous?"

She was nervous for many reasons. One being she could feel his breath along the side of her cheek, and the styling.

"I mean, yeah. I have to ace this or else my name will be frowned upon."

He lifted her chin up, meeting his eyes to hers.

"Don't worry, you've got this. We've got this."