Chapter 1

Ross's POV:
"Hey mate wait up!" I heard Alex called out to me. I walked just a little slower. It was the first day of grade 12 and I was not excited.
"You ok?" He asked catching up to me.
"Just tired," I lied.
"School will do that to you," Alex chuckled. I still never understood why he decided to befriend me. He was one of the toughest and most popular kids in school, he smoked, he drank, failed most classes, only just passed others and already had a tattoo. At least it was meaningful, it was the initials of him and his siblings. Whereas I was nerdy, I hid in the shadows and was a goody two shoes, I got top marks in all my classes I never stepped out of line and I very much disliked smoking and tattoos. I guess that comes from growing up in an extremely Christian family. We met up with our other friend Chris.
"Guys guess what happened over the holidays!" He said really cheerily.
"You got laid?" Alex asked.
"No... I asked Katie out and she said yes!"
"Congrats," I said with a smile. He had tried to hard to get her as a girlfriend, her parents weren't keen on her dating anyone so he spent the entire holidays trying to impress her parents. Chris worked hard to get a girlfriend, Alex just snapped his fingers and girls came to him. I...well I didn't know. I never felt attracted to girls but I always just played along when they were pointed out hot girls. I always felt so confused, I couldn't possibly be gay. I'd be kicked out of my house, I'd be disowned by my entire family.
"What about you Ross. Any girls hiding in your bedroom?" Alex asked nudging me.
"No," I said looking at the ground.
"Aww mate you will get a girlfriend soon, someone out there will love you," Chris said giving me a smile. I looked at him then looked back at the ground. "Or not a girlfriend? A boyfriend?" I shot him a glare.
"I'm not gay," I snapped.
"Hey I wouldn't care either way," he put his hands up in defence. I looked at Alex.
"It's your life man I shouldn't hate you for who you are," he said with a smile.

God does he ever fail to surprise me

"I'm not gay," I said quietly. Though I wasn't entirely sure if I was telling the truth.

We got to school and was immediately greeted by the worst guy in school ever, Tristan Coote. He had bullied me since grade four. I hated so much that Alex was friends with him. He was worse than Alex he had sometimes three girlfriends at a time. He claims to have lost his virginity when he was 12. Not to mention he is insanely rich.
"Hello nerd gang. Alex why do you ever hang out with these nerds," Tristan said smugly.
"Fuck off Tristan," Alex snapped. I shoved my hands in my pockets and kept my head low as I walked past him.
"Oi Scrotty, I heard you were dating my cousin," Tristan piped up, "if you hurt her I will tear you apart. If you even touch her I will tear you apart."
"You do worse to other girls, are you going to care about their brothers, their cousins? I just got her parents to like me I'm not going to ruin that," Chris said. I walked away ahead of them.
"Gay boy you ain't getting away that easily," Tristan yelled. Some people's heads turned to me. Tristan had started the rumour that I was gay and it spread through the school.
"Leave him alone, you ass," I heard Alex snap. I kept walking until I was away from them. I almost got kicked out of my house because of Tristan. His parents and my parents are friends unfortunately his mum told my mum about the rumour, it took me ages to try and prove to her it was a rumour and wasn't true.

Alex's POV:
"Gay boy you ain't getting away that easily," Tristan called out to Ross who was walking away from us as fast as he could.
"Leave him alone, you ass," I snapped at Tristan. He laughed and put his hands up in defence. Chris ran after Ross.
"Gasp, are you Rossy's lover boy," Tristan smirked.
"He isn't gay, fuck off." I balled my fists. I promised Mum I wouldn't get suspended again.
"But who says you aren't." I pushed Tristan against the fence. He laughed and held his back where it hit the fence.
"Ooo aggressive, don't put your gay on me."
"Why do I ever hang around you," I said through gritted teeth. Tristan was rich he got us smokes, drinks, drugs and girls. I had never grown attached to any girls though. I tried to have a few girlfriends but they never worked out because I never felt anything for them. Everyone I slept with was the same, I never felt attracted to them ever.

I found Ross and Chris. Ross had his head in his hands. He hadn't had it easy these past few years with his dad passing away then his brother getting kicked out for being caught with another guy. His mother was really nice but she didn't really like me or Chris because our parents weren't apart of her church group and my mum well she wasn't the best of people after my dad went MIA in war presumed dead just recently. Me and my siblings had only just gotten by sometimes.