Long Run (by soberly)

Long Run- soberly (formerly british_bound)

This story is amazing, but extremely sad. Not overly depressing, just... sad. I loved it so, so much. It was amazing and the ending was reality. That's how british_bound explained it to me when I asked her why she ended it like she did. Her response was,"it was a realistic ending." And I believe it's true. Please go and read, it's amazing!! Don't peek at the end........ Like I tend to do with books... Enjoy the ride. Summary below, credit to @soberly.

When my Mom told me about the marriage, I thought she was kidding. But I guess she met some guy at a bar, they exchanged numbers and started dating.

She only told me when she was pregnant, after they'd dated for six years. The first time I met him was when she brought him home to tell me she was pregnant. He was a nice enough guy, but I didn't want to like him. He was the reason my family was such a mess. If he wasn't in the picture, my Mom and I would still be together. Just the two of us.

My Mom was pregnant before he proposed. When she gave birth, most of the wedding was planned out. All they had to do was set a date. The date was four months after. Around that time, we moved in with him. And believe me. That was a big deal. Not as big of a deal as him asking me to call him Dad, though. As if that'll happen.

But here comes the worst part. Maybe it's good, in the long run. But in the short run, in the sprint, it is the worst thing that he could've done.

He introduced me to them. Five idiots who can ruin my life even more than he can.

I guess that's what happens when your Mom marries the one and only Simon Cowell.