The Origin Of Laughing Jack

~It was pleasantly warm and sunny in London that day which was a bit of a rarity. To with a help of a not-so-imaginary-friend,Isaac was able to finish his chores early and was aloud to go outside and play for a bit. While the duo was outside playing pirates,Isaac spotted one of the neighbor's cats,sneaking in their garden.

"Aargh! We got an enemy spotted off the starboard bow!" Isaac yelled.

"Yo-ho! I'll get 'em captain Isaac!" Exclaimed his first mate,Jack. Laughing Jack's arm,stretched out across the garden and snatched the feline.

"Don't let him get away,Jacky or I'll make you walk the plank!"

Jack's grip on the cat tightened and his arms grew like extended anacondas,wrapping themselves on the struggling feline. Jack's arms just kept squeezing the animal,pressing the air out of its lungs. As the once,dear pet's eyes started to bulge out of the sockets,there came a loud snap.

Jack quickly released the creature from the grip and it's lifeless body thumped on the ground. It was a hush silence as the two observed the cats,now twisted and mangled,corpse. The silence was finally broken by laughter...coming from Isaac.

"Heehee...wow. I guess cats really don't have nine lives." Isaac exclaimed nearly teary eyed from laughter.

"Heh...yeah. But won't you get in trouble if your mother finds your neighbors cat dead in your garden?"

"Oh no! You're right. Uh...I'll just throw it back into the neighbor's yard." Isaac panicked as he grabbed the near by shovel and scooped up the broken cat before lobbing it back over the fence in the neighbor's yard. They quickly went back inside and into Isaac's room.

About an hour later,it came. The ear piercing scream of Isaac's mother calling him downstairs. Neither Jack nor Isaac said a word as he crept down the stairs alone to face whatever horrible fate was coming to him. Jack could hear much yelling from downstairs but couldn't make out what was being said.

After about thirty minutes,teary eyed Isaac came up the stairs and back into his room.

"Well?" Jack said nervously. Isaac just stared at the ground and spoke.

"I tried to tell her it was you that hurt the cat. She didn't believe me. Said you weren't real."

Jack frowned knowing this was all his fault. Isaac used his sleeve to wipe away the tears. "I'm being sent off to boarding School. I'm leaving tonight and you can't come with me."

Laughing Jack's face turned shocked. "What?! I can't come? Where will I go?!" Isaac said nothing and looked over to the beautiful,colored box from which his friend originated.

"Back in there? But I won't be able to get out until-" Jack paused. Isaac looked up at his only friend with tears streaming down his face. "Jack,I'll promise I'll come back for you as soon as I can."

Jack looked at the box and then back at Isaac. "And I'll be right here,waiting for you,kiddo." Jack smiled as a single tear ran down his cheek. He walked over to the box,with a puff of smoke was sucked back in,unable to free until once again opened.

(Still not done with the book!! I will update as soon as possible. Cool? Cool. M-Kay,bai.)

~Gabi