"about those eggs"

Start from the beginning

"As stubborn as they come."

Coach laughed. "Okay you can play on one condition."

"Anything."

"Just ask Adam out already."

My jaw dropped. "I don't know what you-"

"Connie told me all about it. She's really rooting for you." Then he skated away, chuckling to himself and leaving me standing there in shock.

I mean he was kidding right? Right?

_

"Ella!" I turned around and was immediately tackled by Connie.

"Connie get off of me!" I shoved her aside as she laughed.

"So?" She looked at me with glowing eyes.

"So what?" I asked dusting myself off and getting up. I knew she was wondering if I had asked Adam out yet. And the answer to that was no way. Connie didn't need to know that though. I could hang this over her head for a few hours I assumed. The proper revenge for her spilling my own guts to coach.

"You know. Adam?" She drug her words out long in a sing song tone.

I grinned at her. "I don't know, did I ask him out? I'll have to get back to you on that one."

I walked straight out the doors of school with Connie on my heels. "Ella! Ella! Stop- hey just a- Ella!"

I giggled as I watched Connie attempt to maneuver her way through the crowd of kids. I stood in the safety of the bus entrance. "See you tonight!" I stepped inside and the doors closed behind me. Hopefully she felt that one.

_

I walked into the locker room and was immediately greeted by the smell of body odor. Yuck. What a great way to start off the championship game. I made my way to the nearest open locker to get ready right away. I opened my locker and shoved my now empty bag into it. I turned towards my jersey and pads but instead came face to face with Adam.

I shrieked. "What are you doing?"

Adam laughed while I caught my breath and attempted to slow my heart. If it had been anyone else that had scared me I wouldn't have cared. But screaming in his face was a little more then embarrassing.

"I was just gonna ask if you're playing tonight."

I frowned and gestured towards my equipment. He nodded dnd silently walked away. Damn, I sure wasn't good at flirting.

"What's wrong with lover boy?" Goldberg asked as he sat himself on the bench closest to me.

"Not funny." I told him and snatched my glove from his hand.

"Well geez, you two in a fight or something?"

I was not about to explain whatever was going on to Goldberg. "No it's really nothing. Just drop it okay." I sighed and looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Whatever you say, princess." Goldberg said getting up and walking to Averman. He called me that a lot. I didn't mind it though. We all had nicknames for each other. I still called Jesse sourpuss.

"Alright team lets go! Warmups!"

I suddenly got an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I hadn't played hockey in almost a month. And my game back was of course my old asshole team who were the best in the conference.

Fun.

"Ella why are you just standing there? Come on." Connie stared at me from across the locker room. I ripped my thoughts away from that topic. Right now I just needed to focus on getting on the ice.

I was about to step onto the rink but I grabbed Connie and pulled her back. "Connie I don't think I can do this." I whispered in her ear, ready to run right out of there.

A worried look flashed onto her face. "Ella what do you mean?"

"I haven't skated in almost a month. And I mean that concussion, it kinda messed up my, like balance and all. So I don't even know if I can play." I sighed and kept my eyes on my skates laced up and ready to go, on my feet.

Ella, you can do it. I'll help you." Connie spoke in a soft, comforting voice.

I took a deep breath and followed her. The first steps were fine. Good. I was pleased until I was shoved down from behind.

"Why are you playing Ella? I thought Banks killed you already!" A familiar voice shouted.