Official Tip #7 - History

You know when you write a book and it may not be an autobiography, but you want to keep it as accurate as possible to timeline or year? Well covers also involve this too. 

So currently I'm writing a romance novel based in the 1920's, it's about a guy and a girl who meet each other in the most fascinating way possible. The book is called Walk with Me. 

So obviously in the book I had to do a lot of research regarding the 1920's. So in any story you have to create the perfect cover. So for my book, I would need to create a cover that reflects my story, so a 1920's theme is in order. 

Your cover should ALWAYS reflect your book, and honestly most of you may know this by experience. 

Let's say your a reader that likes 1920's books, if you go looking around for one and find just a regular 2015 trending cover on it you may be a bit confused with the summary on the back. Or my favorite is if you are writing a book containing letters going back and forth between characters. Your cover could have like a letter theme on it. 

I think you get what I'm saying here, but if you would like a further explanation then just comment below! I love to hear from you guys and create covers for all of you. Just pm me! 

Also if you would like to test out your skills, check out my cover contests! We have a new contest coming up soon and if you would like comment some ideas on the next contest! 

I love you guys! 

-ily xx