Chapter Five- First Day

Start from the beginning

The bell that tells us class is over rings and I make my way over to where our mini locker are so I can put my books down, then head back over to the dining hall.

"Hey Maritto! Looking hot today!" A guy calls out to me. "Such a shame you're with Carson."

At the sound of Max's name I stop short and look to see who's talking.

"Where did you hear that?" I jab my finger into the perpetrators chest, hard.

He winces and raises his hands in surrender.

"Detendez! Le choises vont vite ici*. Like your voice and how you and Carson got together last night! No biggie!"

"C'est important pour moi! Douche!**"

I ignore the rest of the people who say hello to me and just put my stuff away so I can enjoy my lunch with my friends.

"Woah, angry Brooke has entered the building." Faye says as I sit down at the table with my lunch.

"Do I need to beat someone up?" Evan asks me.

"Or bitch slap someone?" Lexi chimes in.

"You guys are the best but no." I sigh. "i just hate guys. No offense."

I direct my 'no offense' to Evan and he just shrugs it off.

"What about me? Do you hate me?" Max speaks.

"Of course not." I give him a smile, "I should have said presence excluded."

"So other then Brook hating guys, how was everyone's first day of the year in college?" Faye asks us.

"Pretty good. I had my first computer coding class today which was sick." Max says.

"That's cool. Isn't the teacher to that class super young?" Lexi turns to him.

"Mr. Lawson, yeah." He responds.

"I heard he is super yummy." Lexi goes in to a dream state.

"More yummy then me?" Evan nips her ear.

"i wouldn't know." Max ignores Evan's PDA.

"Hello whores." A french voice that I know and hate says causing me to look up.

"What do you want Jolie?" Lexi crosses her arms.

"Not your STD's that's for sure..." She smirks.

Jolie Martinez is a french bitch and wannabee. She has a strong accent which makes it annoying to talk to her, Jolie is always jealous of us, and our popularity, especially me seeing that it's my first year. I am not exactly sure what the deal was but when Lexi came last year she supposedly bumped Jolie off her high pedestal.

"You know with that wittiness I don't know how you aren't the most popular girl around." Faye sasses.

Jolie's eyes widen and with a huff she walks away.

"That girl is a pain in the neck."

****

The image hits me in a flash and I begin to sketch freely.

Right now I am in my creative art class. Creative art is basically a class when we can freely draw, paint, sculpt, or do any kind of art we wish.

My pencil moves in small strokes, making every detail of the image perfect.

Before the bell rings, when we clean up our stations, I check out what I've got done so far.

On my paper is a picture of a smashed up IPod on a rock by a stormy ocean. Obviously it is not finished because the sea doesn't look stormy enough, I have to put more blue but faintly on the opod I can see it is engraved, just like the one in the bottom of my night table.

FLASHBACK

I put all my books on top of it, hiding it from sight, music still softly playing frm the earbuds.

"What murder weapon you trying to hide?" My new roommate asks coming into our room.

I abruptly stop what I'm doing and turn around.

"Pardon?"

"You look like you were trying to hide something really important." Faye explains herself.

"Oh no..." I laugh nervously. "Just something I don't want to remember.

"You know they say that they can't run from your past!"

"But I can sure try..."

__ END OF FLASHBACK __

                                                                                                                                                August 27, 2013

Dear New Diary,

Second entry of the day! Look at me...

I've just finished up my last classes of the day. Usually my schedule isn't so packed it just happens to be I have a lot of classes today. I've even receive homework from three of them which is going to take me ages to do.

Faye has gone out for dinner with some friends so she shouldn't be back here until extremely late. I'm all on my own for the night.

My friend Evan and I had a class today earlier and I realized how much more talented everyone is then me. I was confident in my art before I arrived her but now, these people are amazing!

Well, I should probably get started on that work. I don't have much time to do it.

Brooke.

___

There is a knock on my dorm room door and with a lazy sigh, I go to open it.

"Hey Brooke." Max is standing there with his school bag in tow.

"Max hey." I say to my unexpected visitor. "I was actually just about to start my homework but um, you are welcome to come inside.

"I don't mind." He accepts my offer.

Letting him in, I go sit down at the desk that Faye and I share, and Max takes a seat in the beanie bag Faye brought.

In my Basic Drawing and Still Life class I have to draw an open drawer so I open up the draw that Faye and I use to put in our school supplies like pencils, pens, and scissors. Then I begin.

"How may classes did you have today?" I ask Max, making conversation as I work.

"Only four, but I had a double in software design so it made the day feel longer." He replies.

Pulling out a laptop from his school bag he begins to type away and I decided not to bother him further. He probably has as much as homework to do as I have. Both of us continue our work in silence, once and a while glancing up at each other.

IThe peacefulness puts a smile on my face and I think to myself, "I could get used to this."

*Relax! Things travel fast around here.

**It's important to me!

**No biggie!