I can already tell that you find her beautiful. At least, you're not attracted to her like Nathan. Still, it's unfair that you can see her appearance but not mine. I want you to look at me and think that I'm handsome; I desire you to see my real appearance. So if I give you her name, you'll know both her looks and her name. Right now, you know my name but not my looks. That balances her and me out. I don't wish for that balance to be broken.

"Drem, that's silly. I don't even know this woman. All I know is that she was Nathan's girlfriend and that she has a lot of expensive items. Learning her name suddenly won't make her greater than you. Honestly, you're acting jealous of a photograph of a woman."

Then, why do you want her name so much?

"I only wish for it because it will help make the story clearer. I'd rather call her by her name than address her as Nathan's past girlfriend."

You could call her a distraction.

His little doe raised an eyebrow before she shook her head. "That's what you call her? Obviously, you didn't think her a suitable match for Nathan. I take it that he disagreed with your viewpoint. Is that why you two are no longer friends?"

That led to the reason, but they were still friends regardless of their different standpoints. She would figure it out, since she was already piecing it together. He should have disposed of the boxes when he had the chance. Then, he wouldn't be having this problem. His little doe wouldn't get closer to solving the truth; she would be kept in the unknowing void.

"I take that as a yes," she remarked, as she stared to where his writing was. "Now, the question is why Nathan would turn you into an entity for a mere division in your views. Given your personality, you probably tormented her secretly while Nathan was away. She couldn't take it anymore and left, leaving some note of apology to him. Perhaps, there is also a letter in this box."

I didn't harrow her. It was the opposite of that. You shouldn't place the blame on me so readily.

A doubtful chuckle left her lips. "I simply can't believe that. She distressed you? Well, I guess it makes sense if she made you jealous. I disbelieve that someone could ever agonize another like you do, Drem."

Don't laugh when you don't understand exactly what happened back then.

"Then, explain to me what had occurred between Nathan and you. Why did this woman cause so many problems for you two? Help me to understand," she answered, her gaze softening for the tiniest fraction of a second.

No. Just know that she can be called a distraction or a pest if you wish.

"Fine, leave me in the dark. I'll solve this, though," she confidentially declared, as determination laced her (e/c) eyes. The doe most likely would learn what had happened one way or another. She would somehow find the distraction's name, and she would discover the missing pieces. For now, however, he could stall and leave her to find the answers on her own.

Watching her set the picture aside, he nearly raced over to it. He wished to rip it to shreds so badly, but he would refrain from any of the items until she was done. His promise to let her investigate the house for clues would hold, and he wouldn't destroy anything that she found for that time period.

Of course, this was his thought process until he noticed what she had pulled out of the box next. Within the doe's hands was a small red velvet box. A fuchsia bow was wrapped around the outside. He remained outside of the monkey and merely observed. His little doe tugged on the bow and unraveled it in the process. The ribbon fell to the floor, as she opened the small box.

He didn't care for Nathan anymore, but he still hoped that the box didn't hold that particular object inside. Before he had been turned into what he was at the present, he hadn't peered that far ahead into the future for Nathan. He hadn't seen everything that his friend had planned. At that time it was because he didn't wish to view anything about Nathan's future with the distraction in it.

Now, though, he would possibly witness a past nightmare of his becoming true. That fear no longer applied to him because he had his little doe, but it would still sting. It would be another punishment from Nathan. Not as terrible as the first; nothing could compare to the first.

The velvet box snapped open and revealed what he had dreaded. Within it was a rose gold diamond engagement ring. When had Nathan been planning on giving that to the distraction? He didn't know, and he probably never would. Nathan had loved her that much, though?

How had he let his friend fall in love with the distraction to that level; how had he let Nathan distance himself that much from him? Nathan hadn't even told him about the engagement ring. Why did Nathan think that he couldn't trust him with the information? They were supposed to be friends, regardless of the arguments, before the incident. So, why had he never learned of that ring?

Had Nathan bought it on the day of the incident? Even still, why had Nathan never mentioned his plans to him? Nathan had never taken any of his warnings seriously, so there was no reason for the antique collector to lose trust in him. Whatever the reason, he wasn't taking the newfound information well.