"You lying. Come on brah please, this one time"

"I'm not gone be doing this every time don't expect it neither"

I nodded "Aight"

She sighed digging in her pocket "You a broke bitch, HERE"! She threw me a ten.

I laughed "Thank you"!

I walked out going down the steps seeing my mama in the kitchen cooking.

"Hey ma"

"Hey Arianna"

"What you cooking"?

"Macaroni, Greens, Sweet potatoes & some roast"

I nodded my head looking at all of it being made "Aw ok ok. I'm bout to go though"

"Where exactly is you going"?

I smacked my lips turning around "Why you and Jordan be asking me that every time brah"?

"Cause you say you going one place & be at another. Uh uhn"

"Mannn! I'm going to get my friend & coming right back home"

"Who Nuni"?

I shook my head "Uh uhn. It's somebody else"

"Who? Tymia"?

"No- you don't know her"

"Ohhh. You making new friends now"?

I sucked my teeth shrugged "Eh. Guess you could say that"

"She live around here"?

I nodded "Bout 6 or 7 minutes"

"Hm. Well aight, I was just asking questions" She shrugged "Being nosey"

I watched Jordan walk down the steps slowly "Girl I should've left you"

"Girl leave then! The fuck" She rolled her neck

"Ay don't start that shit" My mama said "Yall always cussing"

"Oh aight" I walked out the kitchen heading to the front door and left out the house without Jordan.

I got in the car starting it up seeing her coming out the house so I started pulling out the driveway "ARIANNA STOP FUCKING PLAYING WITH ME"!

I laughed stopping the car in the middle of the street then rolled my window down "Bring yo ass the fuck on & stop playing then"!

She ran off the porch & got in the car slamming the door behind her "You play too much"

"I wasn't gone leave you forreal, fuck up" I pulled back off.

India Marie Stepp
___________
BatonRouge

"When yo mama gone be done making that food? I'm fucking hungry" I scratched the side of my face