Mumbai-Nashik Highway (India)

The Mumbai-Nashik highway will take you through a place called Kasara Ghat

The Mumbai-Nashik highway will take you through a place called Kasara Ghat. It is here where people have either sighted or felt spirits around them. The place is surrounded by huge trees and bushes. There have been many sightings of spirits sitting on the trees during night, and the most popular of them is an old headless lady wearing white.

The area around the highway consists of a major dense forest and few small villages. This area is supposed to be haunted by two evil spirits which appear as two middle-aged men, dressed in a white attire which the Maharashtrains people in the nearby small villages wear or two dogs. They usually appear as two men and talk to the people who are lost in the forest at night and later scare them. If they appear as two dogs, they chase the people in the forest.

There have been numerous fatal accidents on the highway, many of them are believed to have been caused due to the evil spirits.

Some people have also reported the incidents of spirits appearing suddenly in front of the vehicles causing accidents.

It's one of the most haunted highways and is also referred to as a highway "infested by ghosts".

A relative of mine who chooses to be anonymous narrates a spooky incident which happened with him some years back:

" I and my friend were on our way to Shahpur. We chose not to go through the main Mumbai-Nashik Highway as we were underage and did not have a legal driving license.

We were about 7km away from the highway near Kahvhavali River and going towards Titwala. It was a narrow road surrounded by huge Behaya ( Bush Morning Glory ) trees. Due to the trees we were not able to see anything around us.

We were riding on my scooter and suddenly our tyre punctured. We did have a spare tyre but we didn't have the tools to replace the punctured tyre. So we had no option other than dragging the scooter to about 10 to 12 km distance till we could find a repair shop.

It was around midnight when we spotted two middle-aged villagers dressed in a white attire coming towards us. They asked us whether we were lost but I thought they could be thieves so I said that I belonged to Manda, which was a village nearby. They just nodded and started walking away from us. I and my friend two started dragging our scooter again.

After a minute, my friend suddenly stopped and looked terrified. He told me that the two men have suddenly disappeared. He started shaking and said that he wanted to go home. As it was not possible to go back because it was too dark, I tried to console him that the men have not disappeared they maybe somewhere nearby.

Suddenly, I could hear them talking but the voice was at a distant. So I told my friend that they must be talking in some nearby farm and we should now continue going further on our route.

As soon as we could start walking again, I could hear the voices getting louder and at a point I felt as those men were talking loudly right next to me. That was the moment when I and my friend got extremely scared and started running while dragging our scooter with us as fast as possible without even turning back for a moment. The voices followed us for some distance and later stopped entirely.

After walking some distance, we reached Kalu river where some fishermen were catching fishes with gas lights on their boats. They asked us why were we looking so scared. I told them something weird happened with us.

They instantly got it that it must be the two evil spirits. They asked us whether it was the two men or two dogs. I told them that it was the two middle-aged men. The fishermen said that the area was haunted by two evil spirits and we were lucky that we escaped."

---------------------------------------------------------