Chapter Fourteen

F O U R T E E N

I opened my eyes and adjusted to the brightness.

The first thing I noticed was all the flowers. There must have easily been at least a hundred of them in front of me.  There was a variety: pink, yellow, orange, and white all in large bundles.

Even though I had been alive for some time, I swear that I had never seen so many different flowers in my life.

I leaned closer to get a good look at them but then someone swatted me from behind. I did a little 360 and scowled at… Delia? Why is she always with me everywhere?

“What?”

“Come on you weirdo; let’s go inside.”

I turned back around and found myself staring at a church. What were we doing at a church? Was it Sunday already?

“Why are we here Delia?” I asked.

She turned around and looked at me like I was dumb. She gestured to her body and I looked at mine. I was in a dress…. Why?

“We’re at a wedding remember?”

With that, she walked right into the church and I hastily followed.

To say the church was beautiful would be an understatement. It was so beautiful, that I didn’t even want to step onto the carpeted floors. Yeah, that was crazy right?

“Crap,” I whispered.

“I know, I can’t get over the beauty of the church either.”

Standing next to me was Jimmy and he was holding a little bundle in his arms – a little blue bundle. Was this…?

“Jimmy, you better not drop my grandson.”

Coming up to us, was our mom. She reached for the little blue bundle and cooed at it.

“Little Kyle-wyle; why are you so cute?”

A small smile formed at my lips. I leaned in for a closer look at the baby and gasped when I got a good look at his face. He was darling; I nearly cried at the sight.

“Wow,” I breathed. “He’s beautiful.”

Mom laughed and nodded. “Yes he is and he’s gotten a lot bigger since last month when he was born.”

Confusion filled my head and I scrunched my eyebrows.

“What do you mean?”

“Ginger, babies grow, you know. That’s how they get as old as you and me,” Jimmy said laughing.