Chapter 17

'July 3rd 1991

I found this in a music store in Manchester and had to buy two copies, figured you guys could have a copy from England, let me know when you play Manchester and I'll come meet you

Love Lucy'

It was short and sweet – unlike all the other letters they'd got, but it also contained a copy of their CD she'd put in. Billie grinned and looked up at them, grabbing a pen and scrawling a messy reply from the three of them, telling her the date and venue they were playing.

Billie, Mike and Tré had been in England four days. They were sat in a pub in Glasgow, taking advantage of the lower drinking age when Tré pointed at the small staticky TV in the corner of the room.
"I can't believe it's been 6 months since we saw Lucy," he murmured. His friends hummed in agreement, and Tré flicked a peanut off the table at Billie
"Careful, almost sounds like you've got emotions," he smirked, lightening the mood instantly as Billie throw a peanut back at the drummer.

December 16th 1991 finally came around. Green Day were to play Manchester that night. Lucy pulled on her doc martens, fixing her makeup and climbing out of her window. She took a deep breath and climbed down to the floor, patting her back pocket with the money. She got on a bus and went immediately into the centre of Manchester, she knew exactly where the venue was, and got a coffee on her way there.

The security looked her up and down
"No groupies allowed in," he announced. She rolled her eyes
"The band are my best friends, they asked me to meet them-" she cut off as she heard Tré's unmistakable laugh and smiled, turning around. Mike spotted her first, rushing over and hugging her tight, grinning and setting her down so she could hug the other two. As she hugged Billie, his bandmates crowded round and surrounded her, all talking at once about what had happened since she left.
"Lets go in and catch up," she murmured, smiling a little smugly at the security as she followed them in.

She sat down and grinned happily as she listened to their various stories. Once she was all filled in, Billie leaned forward, face a more serious expression on his face.
"How's your mom?" He asked, squeezing her hand as her face fell and she played absentmindedly with the necklace Billie had given her.
"She died a week ago, funeral's tomorrow," she answered quietly, looking down and forcing back tears, determined not to ruin her makeup.
"Do you want us to be there, because we will if you need us," Mike told her. His band mates nodded in agreement as she smiled.
"You guys are so sweet," she murmured softly, looking up as someone walked in to tell her friends they needed to go onstage. She went round and got in the crowd, grinning and singing along to all the songs as she danced around in the mosh pit.
After the show, the security let her go backstage, she ran over and jumped on Tré for a piggyback
"You guys were great," she told them, tightening her grip on Tré despite how sweaty he was. She smiled "you could all stay at my place, my room at my parents is big enough for you all to fit and you could have a shower," she suggested. All three nodded, and there probably wasn't a time when three adolescent boys were so eager to shower. She chuckled and they all got in the van, Lucy in shotgun so she could direct Mike. She proceeded to lead them round the back so they could all climb up to her room.

Her bedroom was fairly big, she had a double bed and a small sofa in the corner, Billie noticed how it still smelt of her as she rushed out to turn the shower on, having devised a system so the three of them wouldn't turn the shower off and would very quickly wash themselves as to not raise suspicion by the shower running for hours. Eventually, Lucy sat on her bed, Billie, Mike and Tré beside her as they tried to figure out who could sleep where.

"Okay why don't we all just share my bed..I mean it's big," Lucy suggested after a failed attempt to have her three guests use her bed and her sleep on the sofa. Everyone seemed to agree and she grinned
"I get my three favourite boys back and we're already squashed in one bed," she chuckled, laying between Billie and Mike.