Chapter Ten

Blue's POV

All of us sat around the fire and made s'mores as we talked. It was nice. We were all just laughing as we told jokes too. Harry had lots of jokes. When he told them only Harry and I laughed at them. Nobody else thought they were funny. I just really like cheesy jokes. When I laughed at one of Harry's jokes Louis just looked at me with one of those 'Really? That joke wasn't even funny' kind of looks,

Caleb, Niall, and Louis talked about football and all these other sports. It made me happy to see that they all liked Caleb.

At 10:00 Caleb had to leave so I walked him to his car so I could talk to him.

"So have you talked to mom recently?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?" He asked.

"I haven't talked to them since I ran away."

"She misses you." He says looking up at me. My eyes began to fill with tear at the thought that she actually misses me. "I just thought you should know that." He mumbles.

"Remember Drew?" I asked. Drew was our step dad.

"Yeah."

"I saw him again. He tried to hurt me again. I was so scared." I said.

Caleb looked at me with a worried look on his face. "Did you hurt you?"

"Not really. He hurt my wrist and that was about it. I'm okay now."

He was quiet for a minute before saying anything. The he finally said something. "I need you to do me a favor, okay? I want you to go see mom again. Please, just once at least. She isn't doing good right now. She is in the hospital."

"Why? Is she okay?" I asked worriedly.

"He hurt her."

****

After Caleb left I didn't go back out to the barbecue. Instead I went upstairs to Michael's room and started packing my things.

A couple minutes later Michael walked in. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"Packing." I say putting another shirt in the bag.

"For?" he asks.

"I'm leaving for a while."

"Why?"

"My mom's in the hospital. I need to see her. Caleb says she misses me."

"At least let me come. I can't risk you getting hurt again."

"Fine, but we leave tomorrow."

****

Caleb's words keep playing in my head. He hurt her. When did this even happen? I can't believe Drew hurt her.

Michael's POV

In the middle of the night I heard a somebody upstairs call my name. I got up and started to walk upstairs. Now I have to take a guess who called my name. It was either Ashton or Blue. But why would one of them be calling my name?

I opened Ashton's door a little bit and he was asleep. You could hear his quit little snores. I close his door and walked to my room where Blue was. I opened the door a little bit. She was asleep too. Maybe I was imagining it. Then Blue began mumbling something but I couldn't understand it. Then I heard her say, "Michael, please help me."

"Blue?" I asked hoping she'd wake up. She didn't wake up.

Suddenly she sat up and began breathing hard. "Blue? Are you okay?" I asked walking over to her and sitting next to her.

"It was only a nightmare." She whispered pulling her knees to her chest.

"What was it about?" I asked.

"I went to go find my mom and Drew found me again. He tried to hurt me but you came and tried to save me. Then he started hurting you. Before I knew it you were gone."

I knew what she meant bye gone. Dead.

"It's okay. It was just a dream." I say walking over to the door. Before I left the room I turned to her and said, "My dreams are usually about loosing the things I love most and I get afraid I'm going to loose you."

"Michael?" She asks.

"Yeah?"

"Will you stay? I mean if we have bad dreams we can wake each other up." Blue says.

I nod.

We'll protect each other from the nightmares.