Chapter Three

I wake up the next morning without Ahiga's arms around me. I smell bacon and I hear his familiar singing voice. I smile and get up, going downstairs. There he is, making bacon, eggs, toast and pancakes. "Goodmorning.." I say as I hug him from behind, he smiles.

"Goodmorning beautiful" He says, touching my thigh affectionaly then pulling it away to continue making the food "I made all your favorites becasuse I didn't know exactly what you wanted.." He shrugs " I even cut up fruit, its in the fridge" He continues, pointing to our stainless steel kitchen appliance.

"So, now that we know we are mates.. what are we going to do? Avoid mating or have sex, have kids and stop going to school..? I mean the only future we have is with eachother.." I mumble as I pull the fruit out of the fridge, muching on a strawberry.

Ahiga tenses for a second, as if putting these two ideas to great thought "I don't know.." He finally admits, shrugging " I want to be with you for the rest of my life, thats all I really know anymore.. but I don't want him to come out and hurt you.." He clears his throat, making a small sniffle as he quickly wipes his eyes. Obviously his wolf had been bullying him lately.

'Namid you know that he may never accept what he did..even though you have. He may never be able to move on from everything that happened' my wolf's voice in my head makes me stop and chew on my bottom lip.

'What does it matter? My father and I have moved on.. Mom's spirit has moved on..' I say back.

'But his wolf keeps bugging him about it, you should hear some of the things I've heard that damn thing say..' my wolf growls quietly. We both weren't inlove with his wolf but with his soul. Ahiga had always been fun to be around and whenever he was around I could relax a lot.

'Yeah yeah.. I'll talk to him about it' I mutter back to my wolf and put the bowl on the counter.

"Ahiga?" I ask quietly as he turns off the burners and takes the food to the table, he sets it down and looks up at me.

"Yes?"

"You know.. What happened to my mum.. That wasn't you baby.."

"I don't want to talk about it" His voice comes out sharp and painful, his eyes start welling up with tears.

"Ahiga we have to-"

"NO! I don't want to talk about how I killed your mother!" He lets out an uncontroable sob and sits in the chair, holding his head in his hands. I knew I crossed a line but I need him to know.

"Ahiga, we have all made peace with it. My mother has, my father has, I have.. Ahiga I love you so much.. We all know it wasn't you, you could barely hurt a fly.." I let out a small laugh, he chokes making a little laugh as well "We all know it was your wolf.." He nods a little and holds open his arms.

"Come sit with me.. please I need a hug.." he mumbles, I climb into his arms and hold him close. I never want his wolf to hurt anyone again..