She placed the cool gemstone against her neck, tightening the clasps. It looked good on her.

"Rosaline? Are you ready darling?"

"Yes, mother!"

— — — — —

Remus winced as his mother placed the mixture onto his jaw. Beneath the bright blue cream was a rather nasty cut, one that he'd acquired two nights ago. It had yet to disappear and he was sure it would just add to the multitude of scars he already had lining his face.

"Does it look bad?" He asked his mother as she cleaned up her medical supplies.

"Hardly," She smiled, "It'll go—just give it some time."

He nodded, buttoning the middle button on his best suit jacket. He glanced in the mirror behind him but didn't spend long trying to fix himself. In his mind, he wouldn't be able to improve his appearance until they cured him, and it would be quite a while until that happened.

"Don't look so glum, Remus. You look fine, and don't you think Belle would be happy you came? She seems like such a nice girl."

"She is, Mum. Really...I'll just keep my head down and maybe they won't notice."

His mother scoffed, rolling her eyes as she gently pushed his shoulder.

"Don't you dare speak like that, Remus Lupin. You don't have to be timid, darling. You must be bold—daring!" She threw her hands up, making her son laugh.

"You sure are something, Mum."

"Hush—you're friends are waiting."

— — — — —

Her hands wrung themselves as she paced nervously in front of her mirror. She didn't feel confident at all in this old dress and it didn't help with her dreadful step-sister's harsh words bearing into her mind.

"Hey, Eileen the Ugly."

"Ugh, where'd you find that dress, Azkaban?"

"Look at you, chicken legs."

She gulped down her anxiety and turned abruptly in front of the mirror, glancing at herself for the first time since she put on the dress.

It wasn't the prettiest or fanciest dress in the world, but it was a dress and Eileen was content with that. It was the most beautiful pink color with white lace and ribbons. In her mind, she'd rather have an extraordinary blue gown with ruffles and puffed sleeves and everything, but that wasn't an option—yet. One day she'd be amazing and everyone will regret what they said to her, everyone but her friends who'd always stuck up for her.

But until then, she was just Eileen, the girl who slept by the cinder blocks.

— — — — — 

Peter let out a long snore as he napped on the couch, his hands covering his head and the legs lifted by the couch arm. He was dreaming, actually. Dreaming of waking up and being the coolest person at Hogwarts. Dreaming of being adored by his friends and being given the attention he deserves. In his dream, he was a completely different person.

"Peter!" His mother hollered, her shrill voice echoing off the walls of their dingy flat, "You're late!"

He lurched awake, rubbing his face and fixing his bowtie at the same time.

Sadly, it was only a dream.

— — — — —

The voices of dozens of guests alerted Belle of the time.

She paced around the constrictions of her room at her grandparents house, the only comforting thought that her friends had all agreed to come and would be there for her to rant too later. Her mind swarmed with all the possibilities for her to mess up her entrance and all the ways she could make a fool of herself in front of important, poised people. Half of Hogwarts was here, if she messed anything up she'd be a laughing stock for years and years.

Maybe she should just stay here, in the safety of her purple room, until they all leave.

"You've been pacing for ten minutes now—any longer and you'll wear a hole in the floor."

Her head whipped to the doorway, spotting the one person who could make everything better instantly.

"Maurice!" She cheered, letting her uncle twirl her.

"Hey, Petals." He set her down with a huff, "Wow, you're getting tall."

"Or maybe you're shrinking?"

"Ha ha."

She giggled, but the happiness of the moment was quickly replaced with her nerves yet again.

"Here." Maurice held out his hand, which was currently empty. He waved his other hand over it a couple times before a beautiful light pink rose fell into his palm. It looked as delicate as snow, but was so breathtaking at the same time.

"Thank you so much! This really helped with everything right now..."

She placed the rose into her already full vase of roses, admiring the subtle beauty of it.

"Don't worry about tonight, Petals. You'll be fine, and if not, laugh at yourself."

"What?"

"Laugh at yourself. They can't make you feel bad if you're laughing too, right?"

She thought for a moment, before her features morphed into a grin.

"Yea, thanks Maurice." 

The ring of piano keys flooded through the halls of the manor.

"No problem, now...I think that's your cue?"

A/N: AHH okay here's chapter 29!!  

IT WAS A FILLER THAT IS LEADING UP TO A BIG CHAPTER AND IM ACTUALLY SO EXCITED TO WRITE IT

ALSO I WENT FROM 2.8 to 3.1K READS REAL QUICK WHAT IS HAPPENING THANK YOU SO MUCH

aaaannnnd anyone that can guess Rose's story gets awesome points because I did some research for her recently and I have big plans :)

I LOVE YOU GUYS-- Hannah