Shocked

*Ayla*

I was slightly in shock about what my one guy best friend had told me. Is there a definition for reacting to your gay best friend telling his undying love for you? It possibly means you stare at him blank, turn around and walk off.

But how could this be? We had been friends since I came to this new school and he’s always told me he had never been interested in girls. So why the sudden interest in me? We had always flirted as a joke in front of all of our friends…so there is a high chance that it had a real effect on Micky.

I have never been good with this relationship stuff because I have been single all my life. Normally boys would be a little put off with my flaming red hair scares them off in a party of jokes. Of course I had crushes, but they never meant anything in the long shot.

I catch up to my identical twin sister, Dara and she is slightly confused on why she was told to back off from the previous conversation. ‘What did Micky want?’ She asked curiously.

Should I tell her the truth of what the conversation that changes my whole friendship with Micky? I decide not to, encase Dara freaks out. ‘It was the upcoming science test; he wanted to know something random for it.’

Dara nods, although I am aware of her hesitation. I was a relatively good liar, but Dara caught me out on some occasions. I give her a small smile before looking at an interesting patch of grass.

‘Well we have been invited to a party tonight, at Micky’s house. You wanna come?’ Dara asked excited. Did I really want to see Micky’s face again today? I guess I shouldn’t let this ruin our friendship and we can try and figure this out on our own.

‘Yeah I’ll come.’ This puts a huge smile on my twin sister’s face. Now she was just going to have dad beg if we can go. Our mum was off overseas working at the moment. She was over there for long periods of time. But my dad was quite laid back and let us do what we want, most of the time.

Well it seems my dad had plans of his own tonight for his small workshop business. So he was going to kick us out of the house anyway.

Dara and I had only a couple of hours to get ready for the party.

After a shower and changing out of my uniform, I look through my clothes and decide on my slight destroyed white denim shorts, a nice floral top that I had sitting at the bottom of my drawers and my signature red high top converse.

I throw on my clothes before plugging in my hair straighter. ‘Hey Dara, how are you having your hair?’

Dara walks into my room with her light blue skinny jeans and Taylor Swift shirt. ‘I’m just leaving it how it always is.’ She murmurs while brushing her slightly short red hair. That was the only different we had between us, I had long hair and Dara had shorter hair. ‘Do you know if Brit will be going tonight?’

I give my sister a slight smirk, her best friend was always sneaking out of the house to go to parties. She hated her father for taking her away from her brother. ‘You know she’ll be there to babysit us.’ Dara rolls her eyes.

I was quite the joker, but most of the time they annoy my twin sister. Dara walks out of my doorway as I slide across my carpet to my hair straighter.

After straightening my luscious red locks, I turn off my straighter and I walk out of my room. I see my sister sitting in our lounge on her laptop.

‘Ready to go?’ I ask her. She logs off her laptop and closes the lid.

‘I am now.’ I nod my head before walking out the door to farewell my dad.

I arrive at Micky’s house and I see half of my year dancing on the front lawn. Micky was one of the popular kids that always throw the best parties in town. A few people were already passed out drunk. I wasn’t in the mood to drink because I was underage and plus my dad would have my head display on the kitchen table.

Dara goes off inside the house and I quietly follow close behind her. Half of these people here on the lawn I had never seen before.

I get inside the house and it is more trashed then the front lawn. Hopefully Micky was going to have a swell time picking up the mess in the morning with his hangover.

Someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn around to see Brittany standing there with a huge grin on her face.

‘It is so nice to finally see someone I know. There’s all these babies thinking they’re so awesome drinking.’ I laugh at her joke.

‘Dara was actually trying to look for you. I think she went to the kitchen.’ Brit nods.

‘Drink fizzy or water only, I don’t want my precious babies to get drunk tonight.’ She pats my head before walking off. I roll my eyes, she was physically older than me but she was mentally a four year old.

I look around the room and I see few people in my class, but none of them I really wanted to talk to.

I scan the nearing rooms in the open plan living space and I see someone I knew very well walk down the stairs. They boy that might love me…

Hey it’s Brit Horan. Another day in the Wattpad paradise of writing. This chapter is kinda short because I really had no clue on what to write. I’m going to leave all the romantic stuff to the unfortunate person that will write the next chapter kkshizz. Ily bro-face!!