Part 1

The dark clouds worked their way a tad bit earlier today as the morning sun thoroughly abstained from showing up in the horizon over the lands of Mumbai.

The gloomy weather indicated yet another day of gloom in the already silent city, but nothing could get murkier than the little expanse of greenery beside the ravine, located on the eastern part of the city.

.

''That's quite gruesome.''

Agent Reyhna averred as she watched the body of the victim closely, and felt bile rise in her throat as she witnessed the brutal cuts on the victim's body, making her feel like escaping the area right away, but then it was a crime scene, and this was her job, so she had to make peace with it nonetheless.

''Man, this is really, really bad.''

Agent Ayaaz said as he too looked at the young woman's corpse and then looked at the visage of the rather spellbound agent standing behind him.

''What do you think?''

Reyhna asked the other lady, who still had a straight face unlike others on the spot, and it was only after a good two minutes that she chose to step forward and said in a voice less audible,

''I don't want to alarm you guys, but my guess is.. It's the Zodiac Killer.''

As soon as she uttered the word, both Ayaaz and Reyhna looked at her with wide open eyes, and the third person to join the queue was Agent Sam, who was previously busy looking for evidences in the crime scene.

''Whoa! Agent Avni! You sure about this?''

A visibly shocked Ayaaz asked Avni, while Reyhna and Sam too looked to hear further insights from the no-nonsense agent, Avni, and she didn't let them wait for long.

Her features depicted conviction as she sat next to the victim's body and pointed her gloved finger at the cuts on the victim's body, not the ones that were prominently visible to the onlookers, but the ones that were on the insides of her wrists.

''You see these?''

She asked her colleagues as they too sat beside her and looked on.

''These are cryptograms drawn by the murder weapon. The ciphers are the signature marks of the Zodiac Killer, who, as you all know is one of the deadliest and elusive serial killers in recent times. Besides, the pattern too matches. Last night was Tuesday and it's the month of November.''

.

''Jeez! This makes sense. I can't believe we are dealing with that god damn son of a b*tch!''

Reyhna averred with disgust, her face countenance flashing shock and anxiousness as everyone else, while Avni only nodded her head, still looking at the victim's body and replied,

''Believe it. We are.''

.

''I DON'T believe we are!''

The alarming voice out of the blue made everyone turn their heads and look behind, and as expected, there he was, the ever dashing, and arrogant (as many believed him to be) agent, Neil Khanna.

Avni let out a deep sigh of frustration as she stood up and watched him walk up to her and the fellow agents.

He spared a glance at the victim's body before looking at Avni and then the others, as he stated,

''I bet on it. This killer is some other killer, NOT the zodiac killer.''

Avni rolled her eyes as she heard him say that with so much conviction and she tried hard to control the bubbling rage from within, as she asserted,