~Chapter 19~ One Step Behind

Start from the beginning

"Jab ek maa khud apne bacche ko mar sakti hai, to wo kuch bhi kar sakti hai, kuch bhi."

Those words rang in my ears. It was doctor's words which she spoke when we were leaving the clinic.

Over and over again she was speaking the same thing, but I was too busy in digesting the truth of losing my baby that I never noticed.

"Nandini..." I breathed out and remembered I left her alone at the flat. What if Tia.... Tia comes and....

"No no no...." I cried out hard and kicked the steering wheel hard sobbing.

Wiping my tears, I dialled Nandini's number.

"The number you are trying to speak to, is currently unavailable. Please try again later." The automatic voice came to my ears and eyes became blurry again.

I again dialled but the same went again.

"No... Nandini... pick up the phone.... don't do this to me please... please..." I begged over the phone and in no time I found myself driving the car in the full speed.

"She is obsessed with you Manik."

"She aborted your baby."

"She won't let anyone come in between you two."

"If she can kill her own child, she can do anything. Anything Manik."

Those were the words which were ringing in my ears over and over again.

How could I be so selfish and leave Nandini alone in such a cruel time when doctor clearly suggested me to take care of her. Tia is dangerous. She can kill....

No....

No....

I need to save her. I need to save Nandini. I have lost what I have till now, I can't lose her now. I will die without her. I will die.

I pulled the car in the maximum gear and drove off praying to the God, to be with my Nandini. My Star.

"Be safe Nandini. I am coming to you honey." I spoke closing my eyes. The only thing I could see was her smiling face. And calling me towards her.

Manik you need to save her. You have to.

I pulled the car in the parking of my apartment and rushed towards the lift.

I pressed the button but it wasn't working.

I looked around to see if anyone was there who could help, but the corridor looked awfully silent. And suddenly the light went off.

"Nandini..." I cried and I had no other option other than climbing the stairs to the tenth floor.