Chapter two

A few weeks after the night at the small café I got a call from Alex late at night, it actually woke me up. I answered and said,
    "Hey Alex why did you call-"
    "This isn't Alex." A strong manly voice said.
    "Who is it then? Is he okay?" I asked worriedly, while jolting to a sitting position on my bed.
    "This is his Father. You need to come to the hospital now." He replied with urgency.
    "I'll be there in five." I hung up the phone quickly and threw on a hoodie over top of my sports bra. I slipped on my flats because they were the easiest to put on. I didn't look very presentable in my hoodie, sweatpants and flats but Alex was at the hospital and I had to get there fast. I'm surprised that his dad called because Alex would have never let his dad near him after what he did to his mom. Alex would have called me, something really bad must have happened. Did he get in an accident? Is he dying? I need to know what the fuck happened.
    I made it to the hospital in just over five minutes. I ran in to the ICU and asked the secretary,
"Which room is Alex Ennedy in?" I asked politely.
"Are you related to the patient?" The woman at the desk asked, ignorantly.
"No but I'm his girlfriend and I need to see-"
"You can't see him if you aren't family." She says in a bitchy voice.
I took a moment to try and compose myself. I took two deep breathes and closed my eyes. After I felt I was okay I said, "Can't you just tell me the room number and let me go to see him? He is very important to me and I am one hundred percent that his family is here because they have to be and they shouldn't get the right to see him because 'they're family' because that's bullshit. I'm more of a family to him than this parents are, so you are going to tell me the room number because he needs me. And I swear to god-" I paused to look at her name tag "-Miss Burnell, if you don't tell me his room number I will-" I was interrupted.
"Okay, okay! He is staying in room 6." She said quickly.
"Thank you." I said and ran to his room.
I found room 6 and I was about to walk in but I heard someone there. At first I thought it was a nurse or doctor but I soon realized it was Alex's dad. I walked in to the room and saw Alex's dad sitting in a chair while Alex was in the hospital bed. I didn't want to interrupt so I started walking back out of the room, but Alex saw me and said, with a weak voice, barely audible,
"Jamie?"
I turned around and offered a small smile, "Hey, I got a call from your father saying you were here, are you okay?"
"Walter, could you give us some privacy?" Acknowledging the simple words, Alex's father got out of the damp hospital chair and walked past me then out the door. "Sit." Following Alex's command I took the seat his father was in just moments before.
Before he could say another word I asked, "Tell me why your here."
After taking a breath, Alex spoke, "I have been diagnosed with brain cancer." While his words were sinking in, tears started to roll down my face. "No. Don't cry for me. I'll be okay, this will all be okay."
    "Can you promise me one thing?" I ask while looking into his magnificent green eyes.
    "Yes, whatever you need." He answered, then gently slid his hand down my face.
    "Please don't leave me. And I don't mean, death because I know that you will get through this, but I don't want you to leave me after everything. "
    "Why would I do that? I love you."
    "I love you too, but if anything happens to go wrong, -I have witnessed it before- they leave you without knowing. " I continue without meaning too, "My grandma had a brain tumour and she survived the surgery, but she wasn't the same. She left without knowing it. " My tears are now streaming down my face.
    "I will never leave you."
----
    "Ma'am? I'm sorry visiting hours are over." A nice young nurse informs me, while also waking me up from my light slumber.
    I slowly unlink my hand from Alex's and try not to wake him from his heavy sleep. I lean up to his forehead and slide the strands of hair away from his face, to kiss his forehead lightly. "I love you." I whispered to him before turning and leaving.
--------
End of Chapter two sorry it took so long to write. I hope you like it. BTW, I would love some more comments, I want to know what you think about my work.