Bid

JACK

t-that!! dreadful woman!! she just shut me out after giving her the opportunity to make her rich!! Anyways she's rich...

I stomped hard at my wooden floor in my house.

"Jack?" I heard Emma going down the stairs, looks like she just woke up.

"Jack is something bothering you?" she said in a worried voice.

"Nothing Emma, i'm just stressed because of work." I said as I went to her and patted her head.

we've been alone since mom and dad got divorced and left us here then my dad gave me his bookstore and it USED to be sucessful.. the books are old and no one goes in the bookstore now so I really need to get that room and set it for rent.. but then I met that insane girl and everything got ruined!

"Jack! i'm hungry! can I help you cook?!" she said cheerfully and it got me out of my thoughts.

"Emma let's just buy outside!"

"but we always buy outside! I want to cook!" she said with the voice that would really give you shivers.

"Emma.. we dont have ingridients to cook..."

"then lets just sell the bookstore!" she said and smiled like the 5 year old kids outside and it made me smile too but I dont want to sell what my father left for me... the bookstore is my only memory of him...

"we cant sell it, little sister.. Father gave it to us" I said and she pouted and walked away but she turned around again and

"Let's buy the ingridients!!" she said matching with her puppy eyes.

"okay Emma, change your clothes and we'll buy whatever food you like!" she squealed as I said that and ran towards her room.

----------

KELLY

I woke up late and noticed that I need to give Alie a present! it's her birthday! I never forgot the date!

I tied my hair into a messy bun and wore my brown dress and black coat but of course I need sunglasses to go out and shop for presents.

I went into some shop with girly stuffs inside. These things really look expensive. I looked at the Teal colored things since the items were separated by color. I saw a pretty hair pin and bought it cause I know Alie would love this kind of hair dresses, after that I saw a chocolate shop and as I was about to get in, I stepped back again cause I saw that Long-Named-Freak again from yesterday's bid. I hid myself at some post and what is he doing in a chocolate shop?! for his girlfriend? I heard him laughing as he walked out the shop with a little girl? perhaps his little sister?

"Well would ya look at that stupid guy, walking with some little princess of his!" I said sarcastically after I showed up looking down in front of them. I always wear heels!

He looked so angry at me. Made me feel the chill but I just stared at them with my eyebrow up and eventually they walked into the bookstore that I like.

Now here's what I need!

I followed them into the bookstore and as Jackson faced the counter with boredom--

"what the heck do you want?" He said with no emotion at all.

I smiled cheerfully "I want this bookstore." I winked at him and smiled.

I am being the goodie good here since i'm in his territory. I think he was shocked about what I just said.

"ohh you're thinking about what the price would be huh? I'll take this with any amount you like, sky's the limit babe" I said sarcastically and got a blank check for him. I handed it out but he's still in shock. What a loser. I also, I handed a pen.

I snapped my finger "uh HEY?!" And he snapped out of it. "finally! Stop thinking about me so deep!" *winks*

"what makes you want to buy it?" He said.

"well I always come here often and I've already bought some books but what's the use of buying them one by one when I can even buy them all?" I said it with my chin's up.

"I'm not selling i-

"why not?!" "why not?""

I was surprised that the little girl with brown hair and green eyes beside him had the same thing in mind. We even giggled at the same time too.

I like that brat. Seriously not the 'jackie type'

"sooo your lil sis is really somethin, she's not like you huh, so where were we?" I said thinking about the topic.

"I said I am not selling it for cash, I want the condo you have." He said and I am a little bit shocked because that condo makes me look out for Alie in a near distance..

"NO. But I can give you another condo." I insisted.

"ok i'll take 2 million dollars, and please do not wear that transparent nerdy glasses, you look pathetic." He said while filling up the blank check I gave.

Seriously?! My glasses weren't sun glasses? my mistake! I'm really pathetic. *facepalms* I hid my glasses fast. I saw him smile.

"e-ehem!" He got my attention back and waited for my signature.

"ok don't think i'm giving you an autograph ok?" I said while I was busy signing.

"so how much is that condo?" He said.

"I told you it's NOT for sale!" I exclaimed and faced the little girl.

"hey cutie! Umm..?" I said as I asked the brats hand and name.

Her eyes came out with delight "Emma! Emma Overland. Really? Can I come with you?" Her eyes sparkled so much it was so adorable.

"yes baby *smiles and grabs her hand and started walking with her* sooo-

I was startled when Jack was already in front of us.

"why and where are you taking her?!" He said arrogantly.

------------