//5//

It was nighttime in National City. The city was buzzing with life and could be heard all the way up in the skies, where a certain blonde superhero was flying, nervously, around a certain brunette CEO's office building.

Kara couldn't stop thinking. Her cape was flailing in the wind as she flew around in circles. She'd done that for at least 15 minutes now. Nerves had been eating at her ever since the talk with Alex and that was a full week ago. It was simple, really. Just go in there and tell her. Whatever comes after, you can't possibly prepare for now.

As Kara touched down on the balcony to Lena's office, she was met with a familiar view; Lena sitting alone, buried in work, with a glass of white wine. She sighed slightly before tapping on the window.

Lena turned around and faintly smiled. She didn't seem too excited about seeing Supergirl.
Kara's heart started beating faster and faster as Lena approached and, when the two stood against the railing together, Kara swore it was going to burst through her chest.

"You seem down," Kara stated in a quiet voice.
Lena leaned forward against the railing and let out a shaky breath. She closed her eyes for a moment.
Kara sent Lena a compassionate smile.
"You don't want to talk about it?"
"Not really," Lena almost whispered. Her voice seemed devoid of all emotion.

Kara didn't want to risk making Lena's day any worse, but she knew that if she didn't tell her about being Supergirl now, she'd just keep pushing it.

"Lena, I need to tell you something."
"Lena, huh? You normally call me Ms. Luthor. This must be important," Lena tried to lighten the dim mood she had set.
Kara turned to face her with a pitying look.
"Supergirl, you're worrying me. Did anything happen to Kara?" Lena asked with a nervous lip bite.

"It's me, Kara."

The brunette stepped back with an uneasy laugh and a furrowed brow. "N-no, it's not."
Kara tried to get closer but Lena put her hand up.
"That's absurd. K-Kara would've told me," she said, getting choked up and trying to hide it.

"Lena, listen. It wasn't personal. That's why I'm telling you now," Kara tried to calm her.

Lena turned away, trying to gather her thoughts. This had to be a dream.
"Wake up," she whispered, but nothing changed.
Lena shuddered when Kara put her hand on her shoulder. "Please, don't touch me right now."
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know that it meant this much to you."
Lena turned towards Kara with wet eyes, "Meant this much to me? Seriously, Kara? You're my only friend! Of-fucking-course it means something!"

Kara just stared with a crushed look.
Lena seemed shocked at her own words, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped."
Kara looked down at her hands, trying to hold back tears.
Lena instantly felt bad. She walked back to Kara and put her hands on the blonde's cheeks, tilting her face up.
"Why didn't you tell me?" Lena's voice was low and insecure.
"I was scared that you'd react badly."
"How?"
"Like this."
Lena let out a shaky laugh, "I-I'm sorry. I just- I thought you were the one person who would always be honest with me. I guess I wasn't ready to let that feeling go."

Kara sighed and pulled Lena into a tight hug.
"I won't lie to you again. I swear. I should've been more considerate of your past. This is all on me and I'm sorry."

A/N: Oh gosh, the angst.
It's late and I hope this didn't turn out too dramatic. Sometimes I honestly can't tell. Feel free to give me some pointers, though. Once again, I'm sorry about the absence. I had a really tough time but I'm getting through it. Thanks for your support. It means a lot.