"No, he's only telling parts of the conversation he heard. Apparently I'm on heat." I grinned "And for obvious reasons should not be out there in this condition."

"I saved mummy."

"Did one of them try something?"

"They never got a chance, this one here stood at my feet and growled at all of them until Phil came and took over the rescue mission. I think I need to learn more about this wolf business before I go out again."

"Definitely." he kissed me softly "Glad your back early. I've got some very important business to attend to."

"Oh ok." I said quietly as he disappeared from the room.

My heart sank, thinking that once Dylan was in bed that we might have been able to spend the night together. Sid had planned the night away from the club, so what business did he have to attend to?

"Ok my little saviour, off to bed."

"Story?"

"Sure, I've got nothing else to do tonight."

After ten minutes of reading, Dylan was very drowsy, willingly climbing into his bed. Even though he didn't have much of a run, he was still tired from the lead up to it all. Finally, his body was settling down and I would have a normal child for a little while. I lingered through the hall not feeling like doing anything, wondering why Sid couldn't stay up here even though he would have still been here if I was out in the forest. Then my mind thought very darkly, wondering if he would have stayed here once Kayla fell asleep. Would he be so stupid to leave her here alone? He emerged from the stairs, looking a little amused.

"You ok?" he moved closer to me.

"Are you going downstairs now?"

"No." he frowned with a crazy grin "I was supposed to be here all night remember?"

"So you wouldn't abandon your sleeping child for the club?"

"You think so little of me, thanks Ronnie, that's great." he grumped "No I wouldn't leave a child alone, sleeping or awake."

He moved closer to me, pressing me into the wall as his face lowered to mine. His breath was warm on my cheek, his eyes watched me with devoted interest.

"How much trust did I lose Veronica? What will it take for you to believe that I learned my lesson?"

"You've had a thousand years as a single man, how can one woman be enough?"

His fingers trailed over my jaw, his gaze fixed on them, then looked up at me with seriousness.

"Just because I've lived for a thousand years, it doesn't mean I've had a different woman in my bed every night. Just because I own a club that people have sex in, it doesn't mean I join them. Here's your reality check. Apart from you, I've had five women in my thousand years of life, all of them weren't worth the time that I gave them. You are different because you give me what I want, infinite love. They were users and that's why they aren't around anymore. Yes, I own a club, yes people have sex in there but I don't. You are the only person that I have ever done anything with in there. There are a number of reasons but mostly because I don't want my staff to see it. I was overwhelmed by you being here that night and I dropped my rule, for you."

I tried to remember all the times we had been down there, there was a lot of hands in places but I don't think he ever dropped his pants for anyone other than me.

"I don't know why I thought that anyone would be better than you, I don't know what made me kiss her but I do know it's made me realise that my life is here, with you. Before I thought this was boring and mundane but I was wrong. Seeing you so possessive and almost losing control, nearly killing her, I've never felt more loved and wanted in my entire life. I know you weren't about love and need when you wanted to kill her but that's how I see it. You loved me so much that you were going to kill her for touching me. Right?"