His fingers trailed down her cheek to cup her chin, leaving fire in their wake. His eyes roamed her face, not as though he were memorising it but rather as though he had already done so. As if he were testing himself, seeing if every inch of her face was as he remembered. From the brief smile that flickered on his face, Cassandra guessed he'd passed the test. Note the term 'passed' rather than 'won'. When it came to her, Peter didn't play games, there was no winning or losing. There was only her. She was the exception to Peter Pan's games and this was one of the reasons she pledged him her heart all those years ago.

Her senses heightened and she became overly aware of their surroundings. She could hear the yells of the Lost Boys and the rustle of the critters in the jungle. She felt the cool wind soothing her warm skin. Her mind buzzed and whirred, latching onto all stimuli it could. Peter's gaze flickered to her lips. Cassandra could hear her breathing quicken. He leaned forward, his face inches from hers. The suspense was unbearable, her palms had grown clammy, her heart was going to beat out of her chest. Peter looked into her eyes and she felt like he was staring straight into her soul. She was an open book, completely vulnerable. And so was he.

"Cassie." He whispered. There it was, her nickname used only by him. The name he would call her only when they were alone. It was used when his guard was down, when he was defenceless. This simple word was said when the great Peter Pan felt like nothing more than a mere boy, his heart exposed to the girl he loved with a passion so intense it ached his mind and body.

Unable to bear it any longer, Cassandra bridged the gap and their lips crashed together. Her whizzing thoughts halted completely, the gears in her head had stilled. She no longer heard the Lost Boys or the critters. She no longer felt the breeze on her skin. Her body was numb to their surroundings. The only sensation she could comprehend was that of Peter's lips against hers. The only thoughts she could form revolved solely around Peter. Her Peter. They had longed for each other so desperately and this was reflected by the urgent movements of their mouths. As if the other could disappear at any moment. Time ceased and the world stopped. Everything was them and they were everything.

Too soon, the unfortunate need for oxygen brought Cassandra pulling away as she gasped for breath. She looked up to see an equally flustered Peter. She smiled one of her rare genuine smiles and rested her forehead against his. Slowly the two recovered and Peter pressed his lips to hers once more. But this kiss was different, it was gentle. It conveyed the joy they both felt at being reunited. It expressed the devotion they had towards one another. Peter grinned one of his blue-moon grins that were neither arrogant nor smug. They were kind and honest and not at all like how his reputation painted him to be. But that's because it was a glimpse at her Peter.

Their fingers intertwined, the pair strolled back to camp. Cassandra was beaming and as she looked to the boy beside her, she caught the slight twinkle in his eye. She squeezed his hand and he squeezed back. Nothing could ruin Cassandra's good mood, not even Emma Swan or her Storybrooke friends. Not when Cassandra was with Peter.

For he was hers and she was his.

///

_____

She scrubbed the dirt from her skin, refusing to spend another day caked with all this mud. She didn't have long. There was no telling how long there was before the owners of the cabin were back. She had filled her satchel with all the coins she could find and knew Papa Bates would be pleased. She was the greatest thief out of all his crew; her dainty figure compared to that of the burly men gave her a strong advantage when it came to stealth. It was the only reason she'd been kept around for so long, she was able to repay Papa Bates well for 'taking care of her'. She scoffed as she thought of how the intimidating man would phrase it.