Chapter 19

"I lay my head back down;

And I lift my hands and pray;

To be only yours I pray;

To be only yours;

I know now you're my

'Only Hope'..."

---**---

They didn't know for how long they stood holding each other. Her petite body clung onto his. He held her and his hands were shaking.

"It's so good to see u", she whispered.

His voice abandoned him. He gulped. 3 years...It took her 3 damned years to make an appearance.

"U left me", he said as he released her from his embrace gently.

She merely hung her head. He could feel her trying to control her tears.

"Rids...What's wrong? What aren't u telling me?"

"Mo-m..." she managed to whisper before her tear gates gave way.

Randhir held her by the shoulders and made her look at him.

"What?? What happened to aunty?"

"She's no more..."

Randhir Shekhawat went rigid. He left his grip on her and held onto to lean on a nearby car for support.

"When?" he asked.

"A month back...I have been trying to contact u since. Then I got to know about the dream-team competition and I realized this would be the best way to get in touch with u again. RD 'm lost..."

She was hysterical. He kept gazing at her as she kept murmuring "I am lost."

What she didn't know is, he was lost as well.

~0~

Sanyukta Agarwal hated the alarm-clock. Early in the morning, the sound of the alarm was the most disgusting thing to hear.

"Arey yaar.." she sighed sleepily and dragged herself out of bed.

It was 7:30 AM. Kaustuki and Vidushi were still fast asleep

She sauntered across her room and went towards the washroom. On the way she took a look inside the boys' bedroom only to find Randhir's bed empty.

"Where did Randhir go? Yahan bhi jogging? Had hain yaar!" she thought!

She quickly freshened up and went out in search of him.

After 20 minutes of frantic search through the campus, she gave up and sat down to rest.

"Sanyukta?"

She turned around to see Parth waving at her. He was with another team-mate, apparently discussing strategies.

Sanyukta smiled and proceeded towards him.

"Hey Parth! How are u?"

"I am fine Sanyukta. How r u?" he replied.

"I am great" she lied. Truth was she was worried sick, worried about Randhir.

"Meet my team-mate Anirban" Parth introduced the guy standing next to him. Sanyukta extended her hand and introduced herself to him.

"By the way Sanyukta, what are u doing here?" Parth enquired.

Just on an impulse she decided to ask him about Randhir.