"Where were you?" Rits asked raising her eyebrows.

"Umm... nothing just washroom" I said sitting back to my place and ignoring them.

"Ahan! With Virat?" They chuckled making me roll my eyes.

The match started and Ro and Shikhar came for the opening. I saw Rits sitting up all aware excitedly like a little kid watching Ro.

Couple goals!

They made a great partnership of 100 plus runs and then unfortunately Shikhar got bowled. Now it was Virat's turn to bat.

The crowd's cheer got a lot louder.

"Kohli" "Kohli" was all my ears could hear. My eyes were just fixated on him as he entered the field. My heart was beating like a racing horse.

The bowler ran throwing a fast bowl and

Shit!

Out!

The crowd went in silence all together making it more scary!

Virat Kohli out! The bowl hit slightly on the bat and caught by the wicketkeeper.

Virat Kohli out on a duck!

How rare it is?

I saw the huge disappointment on his face. He slammed the bat right away on his leg cursing himself under his breath. I know how excited he was to bat in front of me and score big.

My heart ached to see him like that. He was so excited for this match. I understand thing like these happens. And i know he'll defintely score big in next one but it hurts to see that his eyes were no longer sparkling like those i saw before the match.

He came back to pavilion with his head down. His face showing clearly how sad he was. I tried to see him but he was very far away.

Match was no longer interested for me. Specially after seeing Virat's frowning face.

Vee it's okay i believe in you!

Soon the match was over though we won coz Panda and Mahi bhai came up with a good partnership. I was happy for the win but still couldn't get over his sad face.

After the presentation ceremony i went to dressing room. I wanted to talk to him. I know how disheartened he must be. I have to calm him down.

"Panda where's Virat?" I asked as he was the one just entering the room.

"Umm! Niki i don't think he'll talk right now. He's really not in a good mood! You go with girls back to hotel we'll join you later!" He said consoling me.

Why? I want to meet him!

"But! " I resisted.

"Niks! Trust me i've never seen him so affected coz of a match but today he is! It's rare he gets out on a duck and he takes it very supportingly but today it's something else!" He holded my shoulder.

I know! It's bcoz of me!

"Fine! Tell him i came" I sighed and left from there.

We came back to the hotel going back to our respective rooms but the team wasn't still there.

I was moving back and forth across the room just waiting for him.

I tried calling him but his phone was switch off again and again.

God dammit! I want you here right now!

It was 1 hour and still team wasn't there. I called Panda and he said it'll take some more time coz of traffic. I asked him to once give Virat the phone but he denied saying Virat's sleeping so i decided not to disturb him.

I sat on the bed thinking about Virat. I thought to post something for him. May be that'll cheer him up.

|Instagram|

@nikita.sinha Sometimes things don't happen as we want it to but that doesn't mean it never will.
One match can't decide who you are.
I'll always be there with you Vee❤
Now cheer up i hate to see you like this!

Tagged: @virat.kohli

@hardikpandya93 and 99k others like this.

Comments:

@virnikfc: Awhh!❤😭 This is so cute!

@viratfanpage: It's all coz of you!😒😒

@viratsfc:  You are not lucky for him!😒 It's only you he got out on duck!

@veemylife: You don't desrve virat! Don't come to see match next time.

@Nikvirfc: Stop spreading hate! They love each other!❤

As soon as i posted within some minutes i saw hate all around the comments. People blaming me behind his duck?

What's my fault if he didn't score. I too wanted to see big smile on his face. It just didn't went.

How does Virat even handle such things?

I know in this field people blame you without knowing anything but it is just stupid. How can i be the reason behind this?

I too have seen people spreading hate about me but that doesn't ever bothered me but now when it was about Virat, it's affecting me.

Am i not lucky for him? The first time i came to see his match and he didn't performed. May be people are right.
May be am not lucky enough for him.

Little tears started falling down my eyes coz this hurts knowing people blaming me for the reason i can never ever think of doing. He has other matches too i don't want to be the reason behind his bad performance. May i should just leave from here and not accompany him in rest of series. I can't see him like this moreover i can't handle me being reason behind this.

I heard someone opening the door and finally Virat came. His face was still dull yet filled with anger at the same time. He just threw his bag on the ground and sat on the bed holding his head facing down without saying anything to me.

Gosh! This is gonna be a really long night!