7

jaeden's outfit pictured above
also this is molly lol i'm not hecking dead for once

.

three knocks at the door was all it took for sophia lillis to burst into the house with no approval. "oh my god!" jaeden cursed, jumping back as his hand flew to his heart. he was about to open the front door, but sophia had beat him to it, he supposes.

"jaeden! the party starts in exactly," she paused, looking down at her phone that was held tightly in her hand. "eight hours." so tightly, in fact, that her knuckles started to turn a pale white. jaeden was confused with this sudden rush of the moment.

"eight hours?" jaeden sighed, rubbing his head and feeling his heart rate slow down. "come on, soph, we don't have to get ready for a lazy high school party eight hours ahead." she shook her head furiously, walking up the stairs into jaeden's room. he followed.

"that's where you would be right, if this was a private high school party. but, ta-ta, jaeden, it isn't!" she rushed around his room after swinging the door open and staring at the mess that was his floor.

through the closets and drawers, sophia searched for the perfect outfit for jaeden. she was already wearing her's: a white crop-top with black mom jeans. "this is a public high school party," she said while sifting through the mess of clothes.

"and that's so different," jaeden rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. lately his been quite fed-up with sophia's attitude towards things. she used to despise when jaeden would utter only a simple curse word, but now here she is, getting dressed and ready for a 

(public!)

high school party. not to mention she has been hanging around with the kids at adam's, like jeremy. probably even wyatt, jaeden thought! his best friend is probably hanging around his enemy behind his back!

"you have nothing. here, just in case of this situation, i brought some matching black jeans and a shirt with a light jean jacket. there you go, go change," she demanded, stuffing the pile of clothes into jaeden's arms. he sighed, but obliged.

she had left the room as he changed. "can i come in yet?" she asked immediately after she heard less of a shuffle and noise. 

"hold on!" jaeden said, tightening his belt up a little more before speaking again. "okay!" sophia walked in and gasped. maybe to be dramatic, probably for affect, but either way, she gasped.

"you know you're hot right?" she asked, smiling as she walked over and examined the outfit further. jaeden couldn't help but smile and feel slightly confident in this; he's spent more than a few years in uniforms that never matched his personality.

this outfit didn't match his personality, either, but hell, he did look hot. and he felt confidence for more than just his argumentative purposes. sophia then took some hair gel to fix up the "mess" jaeden had going on, and vwah-lah, he's a new person ready for a

(public!)

high school party. "i'm so in love with you right now," she smiled bright. they both knew she was semi-joking. they, of course, love each other, but only as best friends; that's all it will ever be. "look at yourself, jaeden!" she squealed.

he did, and he saw himself, and he was incredibly happy and confident. he felt as if he needed a lot of confidence for tonight; surely, he did. but he didn't know why. and then his heart dropped. "sophia?" he asked.

she frowned immediately. "yeah? what's wrong?"

"is wyatt going to be at the party?" he asked, but he really didn't want to know the answer. he positively didn't want to know the answer, but hell, he was going to figure out sooner or later. she bit her bottom lip; a bad sign.

"please don't kill me, but he was sort of the one who told finn to invite you," she said, but it sounded more like a question towards the end. "and he didn't have your number for finn, so i gave it to him-"

"so you let wyatt oleff invite me, jaeden lieberher, to a high school party?"

"public! and yes, jaeden, you guys need to clear your beef! it makes no sense why you even actually have it," she started, but she didn't want to finish. she understood why they didn't like each other, but recently she's talked to wyatt and he's such a cool guy.

jaeden sighed, running a hand through his hair. "whatever, soph. if he wants to be a dick to me, then so be it." she frowned and wrapped her arms around her best friend.

"i'm sorry, jae. i'll protect you from him if he's such a burden, but i promise you, he's not that bad." she shrugged. jaeden rolled his eyes, her words going through one ear and out the other.

this was going to be a long eight hours of waiting to his potential

(public!)

doom.