Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, her shoulder was hit again and she couldn't take it anymore.

"Professor, if you would so kindly stop brushing your arse against my shoulder it would be very much appreciated!"

The entire classroom fell silent and all eyes had fallen on Elspeth. The boys who had been giggling were wide-eyed in the corner, definitely not prepared for her to go off in such a way. Sirius was motioning for her to tone it back, but it was too late as Professor Slughorn turned to face her.

"I'm sorry, Miss Hayes, but did I hear you correctly-"

"Yes, yes you did," She answered. "You have had no consideration for me for the last twenty minutes of class as your bum has been practically assaulting my arm. The fresh scent of flatulence has graced me unwantedly. So I shall thank you for that and hope that you will clear my view so that I can actively focus on the work you have assigned for the rest of the duration of class!"

The man seemed of unsure of what to say as he just stared at the girl. Elspeth didn't say anything else as she turned her attention back to her cauldron. The entire class was waiting for a response, as the only thing that seemed to be brewing in the class was the awkward silence around them. Only after a full minute did Sirius let out a giggle and the tension seemed to finally break. 

Another student raised her hand which offered a much-needed distraction as Slughorn made his way over to assist her. Elspeth's arm was bum-free and she was able to continue with her work until the end of class. Even as the bell rang, Professor Slughorn didn't stop the girl from leaving as she grabbed her bag and left the classroom.

Elspeth had only made it a little ways down the corridor when Sirius came running up behind her and placing his arm around her shoulder.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are today?" He asked her, seeing the hint of a smirk appear as she didn't face him. "And how much I adore your forwardness and pure blunt attitude?"

"No, you haven't, but I'm listening," Elspeth chuckled, "go on."

He grabbed her hand and stopped her in the middle of the corridor, much to the irritation of the other students that were trying to get around the castle. His attempt at being romantic by spinning her around, nearly failed as she was knocked off balance, but at least he was able to catch her before she fell to the floor. 

"You're absolutely stunning and I enjoy and adore your temper, along with your fearless attitude. Also, the fact that you said Slughorn's bum was assaulting your arm, it took me pinching my leg under the table to keep from bursting out laughing. I adore you, you insulting goddess."

●▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

If there was something that could keep Elspeth's mind settled and relaxed, a nap with Sirius was definitely what she needed. Snuggled on one of the large armchairs in the common room, she was sound asleep in front of the fire as Sirius, Remus, and Peter were talking. Apparently, James had decided he had something to do and it didn't involve the boys, so the three of them were left guessing what he was up to. However, they spoke in quiet voices, careful not to wake up Elspeth as she had been breathing fire in the recent days.

Remus felt bad for the girl, mainly because there seemed to be a lot going on in her life and he was sure that she wasn't fully confiding everything with anyone. Probably because she was afraid to do it, after all, she and Penelope had been friends since they were little girls and just a simple fight had ended that permanently. He couldn't imagine if one of the boys had suddenly stopped hanging out with them because of a silly argument of some sort.