Stubbornly she began walking in another direction with determination; she would find her ball and a way out.  After about ten minutes of walking everything just looked the same and she was no closer to finding her way out then she had been ten minutes ago. Blinking tears out of her eyes, failing as some refused to be held back and the cold beads slowly slid down her cheeks. She heard more laughs again causing her heart to beat faster and loud in her ears.  She gathered her courage.“Come out!! It’s not fair, come out and show yourselves!” she growled to the trees but she was deathly afraid inside, and was surprised her voice came out strong. She pleaded in her mind for her mother to come and rescue her.

 The laughter had stopped replaced with the unnatural silence again. “Oh I guess you’re just afraid!” she accused, and taunted. This caused the arose of snorts and snickers which followed to four figures coming out of the shadow. Breathing hard, she took in their appearance. They had pointed ears and wide black feathered wings sprouting out of their back, and swords and daggers were hooked to the fancy material they wore. They all looked to be around the age of ten, only a few years older than her. The one who stood in front of the other in lead held her princess ball in his pointing finger nails. He had black spiked hair and the darkest blue eyes she had ever seen.

He was starring at her with amusement glittering in his eyes. The others were standing back respectively as though waiting on command. They all looked dangerous, and unhuman that her heart all but froze in fear. “I believe it is you who should be afraid” said the dark blue eyed boy, grinning wildly which revealed his pointy sharp teeth. “The sweet smell of your fear is delicious. Didn’t your mother ever warn you never to come here naughty girl” he said snapping his teeth.  Bree could not say anything too frozen in her fear.

 “I believe this is yours?” he said holding up her ball and one quick motion snapping it apart. Bree gasped and silent tears ran down her face. She watched him inhale deeply smiling evilly but she picked herself up and allowed anger overcome her fear.  She lifted her hand up and slapped him as hard as she could and even stepped on his foot taking him by surprise.

“That was my princess ball.”  She said blunt and angry.

His eyes went wide, he had not expected it. He touched his face in the spot she had slapped him then smiled unfazed and clearly not in pain. “What an interesting human. If I were you I would start running now.” He said snapping his fingers, and the other half human half something else lunged at her snapping their teeth like savage animals, their wings flapping furiously large above their heads.

Screaming she ran blindly into the forest, not know where she was going. All she knew was she had to get out of here if she wanted to live. She ran as hard as her legs could go, while her lungs were burning on fire in her rib cage. They chased her to a lake and cornered her onto the dock leaving her no choice but to walk up it.

The blue eyed was leaning against the dock post watching as his buddies teasing slowly forced her to walk further to the end of the dock as they came closer, their beady eyes staring at her as though she were prey. When her feet were at the edge she looked down at the dark abyss of water then back at the creatures. She knew she couldn’t survive either way but had slight chance if she jumped, and decided she’d rather drown then be torn apart by them. Looking one last time into their eyes she thought she saw regret, and sadness pass through but figured it was her imagination. She jumped.

The cold water hit her like a glass against her skin. Even though she couldn’t swim, she would not give up and struggled to come to the surface. She became more frantic when truth hit her that there was no way she’d live, and she prayed that her mother wouldn’t be too sad. Just when she thought she could not hold her breath any longer hands wrapped around her thin waist and pulled her out. Gasping for air, and trembling she wrapped her arms around tightly the neck of the person not caring who was her savor was, only thankful she was alive. When she was calm enough she looked up to face the person carrying her. To her surprise it was the blue eyed boy, why had he saved her? Hadn’t he wanted her dead? He too had a look of shock as though he hadn’t been conscious of his action. His buddies were also looking astonished at their leader.