1

Beep

Beep

Beep

I smashed the snooze button of the alarm. I stretched and yawned deeply. I opened my eyes and scanned the room. Everything was still the same, not that I expected anything else. I stood up and my feet touched the cold wood. I walked to my closet to pick an outfit for today. Oh yeah, school started today. My eyes flew over the clothes I have, and stayed at a red leather jacket. 'That should work'. I grabbed the jacket and chose for a black shirt and black pants. As a final touch I grabbed my red bandana and I bound it around my head. As I walked down, I could smell a strong coffee scent. Not like usual. No pancakes or waffles. Since my mother was in the hospital, we never had dinner together. I made some breakfast for myself and for Max. I ate quickly, because Dawn could be here any minute. I grabbed my bag from the ground. 'I'm going to school!' I yelled from the door. 'May! Wait!' I turned around. 'Are you coming to the hospital when you're out? Otherwise you should bring a key,' my father said. 'No, I m coming of course!' I answered. 'Okay, just make sure that you finish your homework on time,' he said an d he gave me a quick kiss on my head. 'Kay, bye!'

'Hey May!' Dawn said to me when I closed the front door. 'Hey!' I said back. We walked together to school, chatting about our vacations. Soon we stood for the big building that was our school. 'May, I have to do something, so I'll see you in class, okay?' she asked me. 'Of course. Shall I save a seat for you?' I answered. 'That would be great, thank you!' she said and walked of.

As soon as I turned around, I bumped in to someone. 'Sorry!' I immediately apologized. 'Hmpf,' the guy I bumped into grumbled. He had green hair and emerald green eyes. 'You could be more nice, you know,' I said irritated. 'Whatever. Airhead...' the last part he mumbled under his breath, but I still heard it. 'HEY! I'm not an airhead!' I yelled his face. I looked in his emerald eyes. Suddenly the guy froze, like he was paralyzed. 'Hey? Anybody in there?' I asked while snapping my fingers in front of his face. 'E-eh, yeah,' he mumbled shaking his head slightly. 'And then calling me an airhead. Grasshead... Are you new here? I've never seen you before,' I asked. 'Oh, yeah. Do you know where the reception is?' he asked me. 'Yeah, over there,' I replied pointing to the opposite direction that he came from. Idiot. 'Okay, thanks,' he said, turning around. But before he walked away he turned around again.

'Wait, what's your name?'

'May. You?'

'Drew. See you around June,' he said, this time walking away.

'HEY!'

Yay new chapter! I'm going on a short vacation, but I won't be able to update there, so yeah... I'm coming back next Friday, so I hope to update then. Yay :)

~Sapphire