٠chapter eleven٠

"I think so, yeah

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I think so, yeah." Elicia almost whispered, answering Rowan's previous question.

"He wants us to figure out who he is. He's kept us alive for this long 'cause he wants us to know." Rowan elaborated. In the background Ryia mumbled something about how he could never catch her.

"But who could it be?" Hailey asked, voicing the question everyone was always asking. There was no need, really. Don't ask questions no one has the answer to.

"My guess, Brandon." Rowan speculated. "He's a dick."

"So this is a guessing game now?" Ryia asked, rolling her eyes. Everyone ignored her, though. They knew it was useless, but they didn't have to listen to sarcastic commentary.

"What about Jake?" Hailey put in her suggestion. All the girls just muttered 'no'.

"I don't know him that well but, no." Rowan tried to save her own ass. Ryia silently scoffed, but knew that it wasn't her secret to tell.

"It's not Jake. He slept on the couch for a year so I can have a room." Elicia said. Ryia thought that would be all the more reason to kill your cousin, but this was Jake they were talking about. Wait! He's a pedophile. So never mind, back on the list.

"Everyone's a suspect." Hailey morbidly pointed out.

The girls were now all laying on Elicia's bed. Not all on one side, Ryia was laying above them, not really being a part of their conversation. She had had too much of this talk for a lifetime. All any of them wanted to do was sleep. Peacefully, I might add, because they sure as hell will not sleep like that anymore.

"What about your sister, Bree, right?" Elicia questioned. She didn't make it clear that she was talking to Rowan, but it was kinda obvious from the 'sister' part. "I mean she's super weird."

"Oh come on!" Rowan exasperatedly said. Elicia was trying to argue at the same time, saying that Bree could've easily hacked her way into things. "Are you serious?"

"I'm with Row on this one. It's- It's not Bree." Hailey said hypocritically.

"You said everyone's a suspect." Elicia pointed out.

"What about Ash then." Rowan just wanted to get on Elicia's nerves, at this point. They all kinda just wanted to walk away from this conversation and never come back.

"You don't know him." Elicia denied.

"Well I do know him and he probably did it." Ryia cut in. She never liked Ash, and to be honest, he seems creepy enough to do this. Also, he is Elicia's Ex so there's a motive. For him to kill, and for Ryia to want him gone.

"Ryia, shut up." Elicia snapped. She instantly regretted it, but did nothing to make amends.

"He seems like a loser." Hailey added.

That's when Ryia walked away. She didn't want to hear this crap any longer. They were arguing over something they don't have any evidence for or against. All these conversations sucked to be a part of.

༼༽

"Hey Ryia!" Elicia called, wrapping her hand around her best friend's wrist and sending sparks up both their arm's.

Ryia let out a shriek and pulled her arm tight to her chest, giving Elicia the wrong impression. Elicia thought she made her best friend hate her. It wasn't the worst feeling she'd had this week, but it still made her feel like crap. Though Ryia had only done that because of the sparks.

"I'm sorry." Ryia exclaimed, pulling the other girl into a hug. They quickly composed themselves, becoming very uncomfortable.

"Ryia I'm so sorry. I shouldn't. . . I shouldn't have kissed you. It was a-a mistake and only for the panic attack. I-um," Elicia said, stumbling over her words and regretting them as they fell from her mouth.

"Shut up." Ryia began to seethe, becoming angry. "You kissed me back. I've seen enough Rom-coms to know you'relying right now. And I also know you're lying because you're my best friend. The only one I ever had, and you can't lie to me."

Elicia couldn't reply, she was choked up by now. She wanted this to be all over and she wanted her razor back from Ryia.

"Oh no." Ryia said, seeing Elicia's regret and knowing she couldn't leave anymore. At least not until she found someone to babysit Elicia so she wouldn't cut herself anymore.

༼༽

Hi people I don't know! I'm back. Sorry for the month-long gap!
My apologies.