Chapter 5

Olivia’s POV

“Hi I’m Emma and I will be your waitress” said the lady standing by the door.

She leads us next to my favorite booth next to the window and excuses herself.

“Urg! I have gym after break” well… I hope that starts up a conversation because this silence is getting way to awkward for my liking.

“Well, its gotta be better then study hall with Mr. Wilson. Anything is better than having him stare at you for fifty minutes straight.”

“Ha-ha. I hate gym. I’d much rather prefer dance class.”

“Wow! You dance?”

“Well, I dabble you know. I’m not that great.”

“That’s awesome. You have to show me one day. Well, if you wouldn’t mind that is.” said Kyle. Did he really sound eager or was it just my imagination. As I was about to respond, Emma, the waitress comes back and we both order cinnamon pancakes and chocolate milkshakes.

“So, I heard that if your team wins the next rugby game you guys are in the final of the senior league championship.”

“Yes, I’m really nervous”

“Why’s that?”

“Well its quite nerve racking when conversions and free kicks come round and all the pressure is suddenly dropped onto your shoulders”

“You shouldn’t be. I watched you… I mean your team play the last game and I’m sure you have nothing to worry about.”

“Wait, you know about rugby?!?”

“Um, yea. My family and I are big fans of one of the teams back in South Africa.” I wonder if he thinks that’s weird. I mean I am a girl after all.

Our pancakes arrive and the conversation slows. Between bites Kyle says I should go watch the game on Friday. What to say. What to say. Well I guess it couldn’t hurt to go right? “Sure, I’ll be there.” I respond just as I see Justin and the queen bee herself walk past the window we are sitting at. I wonder what they are doing here. We need to be back at school soon.

I feel the color drain from my face. Kyle must have noticed as well as he asks me if I’m feeling alright and if anything is wrong.

“Yes, its nothing. I’m alright. Could we please just go?” I say.

“Um, ok. Let me just pay quick” he sounds extremely confused. 

As we are walking out, we almost walk into Justin and Jessica. Urg....

"Why do you watch where you are going..." Jess says before looking up, when she notices me she adds, "oh its you!" with a foul look.

 “Jess, be nice…” Justin warns.

“Oh, sorry guys! We weren’t watching where we were going,” says Kyle.

“Its fine, but Kyle, what are you doing with this… thing” says Jess.

“Really Jess?!” says Justin.

I just stare at the floor and hope that I will just disappear. “Kyle, can we just go?” I ask him quietly.

“In a sec. Jess why do you have to be such a bitch to anyone who isn’t like you?”

 Jessica just stares at us, speechless.

“Come Olivia,” Kyle says as he puts his arm around my shoulder and leads me away.

As we are walking away I hear Justin saying, “that was really uncalled for Jess!”

“So I was thinking, you should definitely come to the game on Friday!” he says.

“Oh, uhm, I dunno…”

“Why not?” he says with a pouting face that could just make me melt…

“Well, you know I have a lot of homework…” such a pathetic excuse.

“I am not taking no for an answer! You will be there, even if I have to rip your homework out of your hands to get you there.”

That just makes me laugh, “haha, okay, I guess I am coming to the big game then.”

“Good!” he says with a grin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

There you go! This long awaited update!

We are almost finished with our exams and we will be updateing real soon1

Love you like a tub full of monkeys J

LindZ and Em ;)