She needed to get her mind off of everything that happened last night because today was a new day.

She had made plans with Beverly but she didn't tell Lacey where they were going.

she chose a yellow mickey mouse graphic tee that would be tucked into some some high waisted jean shorts and paired with black vans.

during the shower she broke down. she realized what her biggest fear was.

she basically already experienced it, or kinda.

she didn't want to lose Richie. she didn't know what it was about him but, he may be a dirty trash mouther but last night he showed her the soft side she knew he had.

after she was dressed she blow dried her blonde hair, and did a half up half down, but the part that was up was in space buns.

she walked into her room to see Richie sitting up watching tv.

"goodmorning" she whispered. "good morning gorgeous," he smiled.

"wow trashmouth tozier has a decent nickname for a female? since when!?" she joked jumping on her bed.

"my parents are at work so, but i'm hanging out with Bev today." She says smiling

"that's fine, the boys and i are going to the quarry." he was standing up.

"sounds fun" she taps her finger in her thigh.

"are you okay.?" Richie whispers. "From, last night, like what did you see?" He asked.

"I told you, it wasn't real though, i know it wasn't." she looks down. "but thank you for making me feel safe," she smiles putting her hand on top of his.

"it's what i do babe" he says pretending to pull up the invisible collar on his shirt.

"here we go, back to the old Rich."she stands up.

Richie shoots up. "Cmon !" he runs. "i'm hungry" he says quickly hitting her butt and shooting down stairs.

"Tozier!" she smile/yells.

She runs down stairs and chases Richie around the little island in her kitchen.

"Wait, wait wait!" he holds his hands up. "if i make you pancakes, will you stop chasing me" he smiles hoping for a yes.

"uhg fine, but they better be blueberry" she points eyeing him down.

she sits at the table talking and laughing with Richie about pointless things and eating their breakfast.

"I better go, Bev wanted me to meet her at the pharmacy at 2" Lacey says putting their dishes in the sink and washing just hers so her parents don't see 2 plates.

"Okay, i need to get to Eddie's anyways." He says walking towards the door.

They both walk outside, Lacey gets on her bike while Richie gets his from behind the bushes.

They ride their bikes together before Richie has to part at Eddies road. "Bye Lace!" He yells. "Bye Rich!" She waves back smiling.