What's Going on?

*Rosemary's POV*

Every since I was little, my mother always told me about her "adult issues", people think it's because I'm "mature" or that I understand, well most of the time my mother spills out her guts is because she is drunk. Yes, sad fact I know, but it's the truth. It's not worth hiding from the truth, yes it can hurt you, but in the end it helps.

I don't know when my mother started drinking alcohol, but I know things have gone downhill since.

When I was three, my mother told me about our pack problems and how the Luna was cheating on Alpha Scott, of course I understood none of this but held my mothers hand whilst she worried.

I remember crying a lot as a child, not knowing what to do or what was going on. I think the crying started when my father started the extra training in our pack, he started getting buffer, then angrier. He brought the anger out on me, but never laid a hand on me thanks the Moon Goddess.

Well, my mother was again spilling her secrets out to me as we sat there in our little hut, pack less, house less, moneyless and fatherless. She would always say "Honey, we have to go. They'll find us!" Every time she said this I would calm her down and give her some water.

My brother (aged 18) normally tried to stay out of this, sure he was a great brother, but when it comes to our parents, he's out.

My brother is obsessed with finding his very own "mate". I never saw the big deal about mates, isn't it just like a boyfriend or a girlfriend? My mother had always said that mates were worthless and that I shouldn't waste my precious time on one.

"Daniel, what's so special about a mate?" I finally asked one night when we were all huddled in the hut, mother was passed out and drool was dangling down her chin. He sighed, "I was going to let you figure it out by yourself, but I guess now's a good of time as any," he begun. I shifted my position, getting comfortable for the story.

"Okay, so as you already know, "mate" technically means "soul mate". I guess it's a person that was designed to be with you, the Moon Goddess decides who this is and who will be your mate." My brother started.

"What if you don't like your mate?" I asked, playing with my brunette ponytail.

"Well it's not that simple, of course the rejection ritual is easy you simply say "I, then your name, reject you, then your mate's name, as my mate. And shall the Moon Goddess guide us on our own." Once you've said that, you will be in immerse pain, you feel like you're on fire and will be disgusted by any sign of affection caused by anyone other than your mate." He answered, frowning slightly at the idea of rejection.

"How do you know when you've found your mate?" I asked, getting tired as it was late at night.

"That's easy! Their scent would fill your mind, it would be like a drug to you, you would want to follow that scent. And once you've looked your mate in the eyes, it would take sheer will to look away. But all these things only happen if you are above the age of sixteen" he half smiled. Then suddenly he picked me up and slung me over his shoulder, I stayed limp too tired to move. He placed my down, throwing his oversized hoodie over my body. My leant down kissing my forehead, then leaving his lips hovering there he mumbled "Goodnight little one, sleep well." I smiled sleepily then left the world for a short while.

Morning came too soon, I woke to our things in a big pile opposite me. We were lucky to have my brother and my father there when we left; They were strong and could hold all of the items we stole, like clothes and food.

My mother was rushing about the small leaf hut like a mad-woman. I could tell she was actually sober for once and the look on her face frightened me. She caught me looking and then forced a smile "Good morning love! We are just packing up so and moving," she said, hurrying off before I could say anything. I simply shrugged, then put on my brother's hoodie that was formally my blanket.

"Rose, we are leaving. Apparently this is another pack's territory. If they do catch you our us, just go there's no point fighting it." My brother said, hugging me. I tried to take off the hoodie to give it to him but he declined shaking his head.

"But I want to fight them!" I whisper yelled, a scowl placed on my face.

"Rosie, don't. But this might be our last time spent together and if I never see you again, which I'm sure I will, just remember to love your mate and be happy. No matter what, keep a smile on your face, it helps." He offered a sad smile, his eyes glistening from tears. He hugged me for a long time, whilst mother hurried about taking the hut down.

"I better help her," he whispered, smiling sadly at me. I returned the smile and turned around, packing my few things into a bag I got when I was little.

I packed my one outfit, a hairbrush, underwear and my favourite book. I kept on my brother's hoodie over my singlet and shorts.

You may think we are overprivileged for rouges, but we were one of the few families close to the Alpha and got an early warning. You're probably thinking "as if that would ever happen" well, my father was the Beta, but now our family has practically nothing.

I'm not complaining, I know we are lucky to be alive and I recognise that every day.

Normally when we leave, I never know what's going on. No one has ever told me about pack territory or mates or anything. I don't know why we all can be just one big pack, it would have less problems and you would be aloud to explore. Whenever I say this to my brother, he just rolls his eyes and pats my head.

I'm shaken out of my thoughts by rustling, my head snaps up looking for danger. I hen realise that it was my mother taking down our leaf hut. I zip up my bag, securing it from any immediate danger.

"You ready?" He whispers, I nod in reply, picking up my bag. My brother and my mother shift into their wolves, soon a light brown wolf is nudging me. I then realise it's my brother, I put my small bag into his mouth and then hop onto his back, my mother carries our other belongings.

Being under the age of 16, I can't shift into a wolf. It's really annoying at times, but then I remind myself that I'll just have to wait like all the others.

We head off into the forest, I look up seeing the green blur around me, captivating my dark blue eyes.

I hear a low growl from behind us, my mother and brother stop suddenly turning around slowly.

I look up at the enemy, there's a golden wolf at the front, then countless wolves of different shades backing him up. It looked sort of like a rainbow of wolves. I shook my head trying not to get distracted.

I clutch onto my brother's fur, scared out of my skin.

I heard a choking sort of growl come from the Beta wolf, I then make it out to be a word...

"SHIFT,"

A/N thanks guys soo much!

Strawberries and cream!

-@cookiecreamer