Dull Mornings

Ash was up early. He woke up at least half an hour prior to the time he should've woken up to.

He was positive his butler was either busy making breakfast or fast asleep just like the entire household.

A soft breeze entered his window through the balcony door that was left ajar the night before.He sat up straight rubbed his puffy eyes that were half open. His room was awfully quiet except for the massive vintage clock ticking.

The room was well-lit thanks to those big french windows and a ridiculously enormous balcony that viewed the entire beautiful city of Knysna. There was a tantalizing aroma of fresh vanilla which added to the classy and elegant look of Ash's room.

His head rested on one of his soft white pillows as he sat in the overwhelming silence and watched a tiny hummingbird sit on the railing of his window happily chirping.

Ash let out a soft sigh as he walked over towards his bathroom to clean-up. But before he could step into his bathroom he heard a knock on the door.

"It's time to wake up Mr. Blackwood"

A posh and sophisticated voice came through the other side of the door.

"I'm already up, and please just call me Ash for the last time," Ash said in a monotone.

"of course mr.- uh I mean Ash" his butler replied and with that, he walked away to prepare his breakfast.

Ash proceeded to get ready and dressed for school or in his opinion Hell.