Please Nash

There was a sudden knock on the door. I could hear sirens so I instantly thought about Taylor. "Taylor told the police." I stated. "Lets all go to the door." Shelby said as she stood up. We walked to the door and I turned the knob. There was an officer standing there with a notepad in his hand. "Are you Matthew Espinosa, Cameron Dallas, Shelby Sims, and Ashley Biesecker?" He said, closing his notepad. "Yes officer. Is there a problem?" Shelby said while she moved in front of us. "Yes. We have some bad news about your friend Nash." All of us stopped. Shelby threw herself into my arms as tears rushed down her face. Ashley did the same to Cam. Cameron was speechless. He couldn't move. He wrapped his arms around Ashley as tears slowly rolled down his cheeks. "Can you tell us what happened?" I asked. "I think we better get to the hospital first. He was in very bad condition when I left." He answered as he motioned for us to come to the car. I grabbed my phone and keys. I picked Shelby up and walked to the car. Cameron followed as him and Ashley walked hand in hand. Ashley buried her face in his arm. We got in the car and sat in silence.
30 minutes later, we got to the Emergency room. We jumped out of the car as fast as possible. "Where is Nash Grier?" I asked the front desk worker, trying to stay calm. "401." She said with a sincere look. We ran down the hallway and burst into the room and stopped.
There lied Nash. There were cuts down his face. There were cuts down his whole body. His right arm was wrapped in a cast as well as his left leg. He was asleep. His heart was beating slow. His chest was moving up and down in a steady beat with his breathes.
30 seconds later the officer came running through the door. "I'm so sorry." He said.
Shelby ran to the bed side and fell to her knees. Cameron followed, then Ashley. I stood there in shock. I didn't know how to feel or what I was feeling. I just stood there as tears dripped down my cheeks.

A few minutes later, Shelby let go of Nash's hand and ran to me. I opened my arms and let her cry in my chest. I picked her up bridal style and carried her into the hallway. Cameron and Ashley came out behind us. "Mr Grier has been in a terrible car accident. He's gotten better since I last seen him but he's not doing very well. They aren't sure whether he will live or not. I'm very sorry." The officer said. "Thank you very much." I responded.

*Nash's Point Of View*

I was laying on a bed somewhere. The last thing I remember is hearing sirens and that's it. I try to open my eyes but I can't. I put all of my force into opening my eyes but they won't budge. All of the sudden, I hear people burst through the door. I don't know who it is. They all start crying though. I wonder why they're crying. I feel like asking but I don't think anything will come out. I feel someone grab my hand. It's small and warm. It's a girls. Her hand is wet from her tears. I feel like hugging her or saying something but I can't. I can't do anything. I want to so badly. I try to grab her hand but I can't move.

"Nash! Please wake up!" I hear her say. "I'm awake... Wait, what's her name?" I don't know her name. I can't talk to her if I don't know her name.

The girl and whoever was with her, got up and left the room. I hear the door close. "Okay Nash. You can do this. Just believe in yourself. On the count of three. 1. 2. 3." I think to my self. On 3, I try to open my eyes. I can't the first time so I try again.

5 minutes later, I get my eyes open. I'm in the hospital. My arm and leg are in casts. I would try to get up but I won't be able to. "Just say a few simple words." I think to myself. "Hey! Hey guys, I'm awake!" I shout. The people come through the door and just stare at me. There is 4 people; 2 girls and 2 boys.  "Hey!" I state. A short girl with long brown hair runs to my bed. I throw my arms around her and squeeze her tight. "Nash, do you know who I am?" She says as she pulls away. "I'm sorry but I don't. Maybe if you tell me something about you, I can remember!" I responded to her with a smile.

She looked at me with tears forming in her eyes. She blinked and they rolled down her cheeks. I wiped them away and smiled. "I can remember! I know I can! Please just let me try." I said to her.

"My name is Shelby Sims. My best friend is Ashley Biesecker. She's dating Cameron Dallas and I'm dating Matthew Espinosa. You've been my best friend for a couple years. We went to Disneyland together in 5th grade." She stated. I began to think. I thought back to when I was little. I remember riding my first skate board and losing my first tooth. But I couldn't remember her.
"I'm so sorry." I said, looking into her eyes. She got off the bed and ran out of the room. The tall boy with blonde-ish hair followed her.
"I love you Nash. You can get through this. See you soon." The blonde haired girl said. "Thank you." I responsed as she walked out the door. The tall boy with brown hair, walked to the bed. He got on his knees and stared at the ground. "I'm sorry about this Nash but please try as hard as possible to remember me. my name's Cameron Dallas. We've been like brothers for a long time. You're my best friend Nash. Please." Cameron said. I just looked at him. I didn't know what to say. He stood up and walked out of the room. He shut the door behind him.
"All these people are depending on me to remember them but I can't. I feeling bad that I can't. They all seem like amazing friends. I wish I could remember them." I thought to myself.