Chapter 2: Beginning of the End for Mary

When they arrived in Southport, they checked in to their hotel on Lord Street and went upstairs. Mary, like an excited child, ran to the nearest plug socket to plug the VCR in. It came on like it did in the shop. Mary inserted a VHS tape into the front of the VCR, pressed play and off it went.

Later on Liz came though to Mary's room and there was Mary lying unconscious. Suddenly, Liz felt a cold shiver down her back, a presence even. She thought 'What the hell is happening in here?". Suddenly there was a crash as the VCR somehow fell off of the table it was sitting on. Liz ran out of the room screaming her head off, leaving Mary lying unconscious in front of the "possessed" VCR. Liz ran downstairs and got the manager and cried "COME UP TO ROOM 13! MY FRIEND IS LYING UNCONSCIOUS AND HER VCR IS POSSESSED!". The manager looked at her and then burst into a fit of laughter.

When Liz went back up later on she clement in to see the VCR in front of the door and Mary was not in the room, the windows were still closed and so was the door. The VCR made a grinding noise and then liz noticed blood coming out of the front of it. It's display read a message reading "YOU ARE NEXT!". Liz ran downstairs into the lounge to see a paler version of Mary sitting on an armchair drinking tea eating caramel digestive biscuits. Liz asked Mary about the VCR, Mary replied "What VCR? I didn't buy one."

Liz soon realised that Mary had been possessed by the old VCR...