Part 34 (Consummation)

Start from the beginning

Looking at the clock she eagerly waited for Arnav hoping for his anger to cool down and for him to come soon, Akash is already home.

She heard as ladies shouted about moon coming, disheartened. She turned to go and perform the rituals alone when she felt him, she turned back again and there he was walking inside with long steps. She smiled a full blown smile as Arnav apologised for being late as he was struck in a damn meeting and didn't realize the time.

She performed all the rituals of Karwachaut and Arnav broke her fast with water and fed her sweet. After that all had their dinner, guests left and all the couples left for their rooms. Arnav gifted Khushi with a diamond necklace as Anjali has told him that husband gifts something to his wife tonight.

Khushi was admiring the moon with a smile, she was so sad and scared what if Arnav didn't come to break her fast in anger but he came. He did everything hurriedly so she can have her dinner as soon as possible. Arnav entered inside the room hanging up the call he was busy with and looked around, his clothes for the night was on bed but Khushi is nowhere to see. He picked up his clothes but before he can walk inside the washroom he found Khushi on poolside.

Placing back the clothes Arnav walked to her, as he walked close he was mesmerized with her beauty. Her pallu was swaying in air, along with her long hairs, the side of her slim waist was bare to his eyes and she was enjoying the cool air with closed eyes and a beautiful smile. He gulped, only he knew how he controls himself always being so close to her, sleeping in same bed but he keeps reminding himself he can't cross the boundaries of their friendship, what'll she think? That he's trying to show some husband's right on her.

He was so close to her and before he can do any stupidity, she suddenly turned back and was now facing him.

Khushi (smiling): Arnav ji

Arnav: Yea! What are you doing. here? You must be tired, you should take rest. Aren't you're feeling week, you didn't even had water for all day.

Khushi: shhhhhh relax! I am fine and now full (she said keeping her one hand on stomach)

Arnav smiled and sat down on the edge of pool, Khushi joined him.

Arnav: You know you don't have to do all this.

Khushi: Why? Arnav ji we have decided that we'll always complete our responsibilities as a husband and life. Our relation is not based on love but respect and I respect this relation Arnav ji and keeping this fast of Karwachaut is my right you can't stop me from doing it.

Arnav: Yea! Khushi you're happy here, right?

Khushi: "No Arnav ji! In fact I am so happy.
After my parents death, I had family for name sake except Payal but after coming here I felt what it feels like to have a loving family, caring elders and supporting siblings." Her eyes misted expressing her feelings and Arnav hugged her giving his support silently.

---------------

Arnav was caressing her back as Khushi has now calmed down but still hugging him but something changed in the touch. He started caressing her bare skin of back, rubbing his thumb just above the dori holding her blouse, Khushi gasped and started breathing heavily.