Chapter 3

I sat at the dining table and looked at the appealing meal in front of me. It was roast chicken with mash potatoes and corn. My absolute favorite. I dug right in.

As I was finishing my mash potatoes and leaned in for more, I noticed 7 pairs of eyes staring at me. Julia, Jerry, Jake, Paul, Josh, Alex and Justin staring at me. Austin and Nathan were still chomping away silently.

"what?" I asked. I squinted my eyes.

The entire table burst into laughter.

"you- you should have- seen- your face!" Jake said in between laughter.

"What's wrong?!?" I touched my face to see if there was anything wrong.

"the face you made was hilarious! When you eat you look like you'll swallow the entire plate! You look like a ravenous monster!" Jake told me.

I sat there shocked. My jaw wide open.

"I didn't know I was that entertaining to watch..." I replied. A sad look on my face.

"Boys. Behave. I'm sorry Cassie. It's there first time to see a girl eat and not whine about the calories." Jerry told me.

"well those girls are stupid." I spoke my mind. As cliche as it sounds you only live once right?

I went back to eating and the table watched me for a second until going back to normal. I chewed slower this time.

After dessert, I went to the living room and sat on the sofa.

"Cassie? Can we be friends?" Nathan asked me. Aww! He's the cutest thing ever!

"only if you give me a high five." I told him. He high five'd me and sat in my lap and Josh walked in.

"I see Nathan used his charm." he winked.

I grinned.

"so what do you wanna watch?"

"anything." I told him.

He flipped to How I Met Your Mother. I started laughing.

"so how do you like it here so far?" Josh asked.

"it's definitely interesting."

"Oh sorry about the thing at dinner. Jake and the rest can be an ass."

"no it's okay. I would probably react the same way."

"so what grade are you in?"

"I'm in grade 10. How bout you Josh?"

" 12. I'm graduating and going to Harvard next year."

"that's so cool! That's like my dream college."

"what's a collij?" Nathan asked me.

I smiled and said "it's a place you go to study after you're done high school."

He jumped off my lap and ran out yelling "Mommy! I wanna go to collij!"

"He is so cute." I commented.

"he's my BFF."

"No he's my BFF." I laughed.

"we can share."

"sounds like a plan." I grinned.

----------

I went downstairs and saw Julia.

"hi Julia."

"hey honey, why don't you go outside and bond with the boys. They're outside playing basketball. "