Chapter 3

I woke up and began to get ready for work. As I was doing my makeup I got a message from Joel, it said 'Hey do you want me to pick you up from your house today for work xx', I replied saying 'Yes please xx', he said 'Ok I will be there in twenty minutes xx',  I then finished my makeup and then Joel knocked on the door. When we got into the car Joel put on the radio and he began to sing a song but he didn't know the words that well. "That's not the words", I said laughing. He laughed and the car went silent. I had my hand on my lap and Joel has his hand on his seat. I took hold of his hand and entwined out fingers together. He kissed my hand and we smiled at each other. "Do you want to come to my house after work today and meet my bandmates?", he said smiling,  "Are you in a band", I said suprised. "Yes we are called Lawson", I smiled and agreed to go to his house. "A couple of days ago you hated me and now I am in love with you", Joel said whilst rubbing his thumb on my hand, "In love?" I said suprised,  he then took his hand away and his face went red with embarrassment and tears filled in his eyes, "Oh Joel,  I didn't mean it like that", I said holding his hand, he moved his hand away and said "It is fine", I could tell he was sad and angry so I just looked out the window and we didn't talk during the journey to work.

2 Hours Later

Joel hasn't talked to me at all, everytime I try to talk to him he ignores me and walks away. "I don't think I am cut out for the job sorry", I said to my boss, "Okay but I am disappointed in you Amy, you had so much potential", I gave her a hug and said goodbye to all of the other workers except Joel. I knew that I had hurt his feelings but he won't talk to me and I won't be able to see him everyday knowing that he hates me.....