"Y-You know how much you mean to me, right?" Draco asked, his voice raw with emotion. He didn't let her speak, continuing on with his trembling words. "You're my family — my sister. A-And I made a promise that you would get through this and I intend on keeping that promise."

    Sage blinked in confusion, her mind racing to figure out what he meant.

    "I love you, Sage. I hope you can forgive me." Draco spoke solemnly, a bitter-sweet smile on his pale face.

    Before Sage could react, Draco lifted his wand that was gripped tightly in his right hand and pressed it to her temple. The word that could make any wizard or witches blood run cold left Draco's chapped lips in a hushed whisper.

    "Imperio."

    It felt as if aSage was pushed into a never ending abyss of darkness. Her mind was no longer hers but that of the one who pushed her over the edge. Was she falling? Or was she floating? She could see the small light of control becoming smaller and smaller as she fell farther and farther down the hole. Draco's voice could be faintly heard echoing against the barren walls of her mind, surrounding her, encasing her. It was intertwined with the onyx space around her, yet it filled her.

    "Go to Hermione, find her. Tell her the Death Eaters are in the castle. Find her and the curse will be lifted." Draco's voice called, swirling around the darkness breaking the deafening silence.

    Sage's body moved against her will. She screamed for herself to stop, but no sounds left her mouth. She wanted so badly to turn around and stay with Draco; to finish what they started. But, as her body moved farther and farther away from Draco and the Hospital Wing, Sage knew it was no use. Her mind was too weak to fight against such a powerful curse.

    When Sage reached the Gryffindor common room, she was greeted with the sleeping portrait of the Fat Lady. She couldn't help when her fist roughly pounded on the painting, startling the Fat Lady awake.  Words of protest left the Lady's mouth, but Sage ignored them and continued to pound against the door.

    Finally, the door was pushed open by a clearly annoyed Ronald Weasley. Sage pushed past him roughly and stepped fully into the dimly lit room. There were only two people in the common room, including Ron. Hermione Granger was standing near their fireplace, her eyes widening in shock.

    "Oi!" Ron shouted at Sage's dazed figure. "You can't just barge in her. I don't care if you are a Whitaker, i'm not sca-"

    "The Death Eaters are in the castle." Sage's monotone voice cut off Ron's rage fueled rant. Ron and Hermione shared a shocked look with Ron. When Harry and Dumbledore left just a few hours before, They knew that the Order was scattered around the castle for its protection. They didn't think that anything was to happen; that this was just a precaution.

    Hermione looked back at Sage with wide, analyzing eyes. "Find someone from the Order, tell them that the Death Eaters are in the castle." Hermione spoke without breaking eye contact with Sage. Ron scoffed, flabbergasted.

    "There is no way in hell i'm leaving you here with her!" He disagreed, gesturing to Sage who stood in between the two Gryffindors. Hermione groaned in annoyance.

    "Ron, look at her for Merlin's sake! She's under the Imperious curse and maybe if you paid attention in Defense Against the Dark Arts, you would know that! Now go!" Hermione snapped, pointing to the door of the common room. Ron left in an embarrassed flourish, his face flushing. Hermione sighed softly and gently grabbed Sage to seat her on the couch next to them.

    It was as if a light had been turned on and Sage was no longer falling. She could feel the weight lifting off of her, freeing her from the cold grip the curse had on her. A sharp gasp left Sage's mouth, startling Hermione. Sage tried to blink away the cloud of confusion that seemed to hang overhead.