01/Apples

"Scarlet!" Wolf screamed loudly. I groaned. Wolf is still 'discovering things' since he was taken to be Levana's puppet when he was twelve and only ever stayed in that old opera house, unless he was on a mission. Wolf came rushing into the main room of the Rampion, looking around wildly for Scarlet.

Once his eyes landed on her, he ran straight towards her, holding something out in front of him. He haunted in front of her, his face glazed with confusing and worry. She looked down at his hands, up at him, down at his hands, and back up to him.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I thought this was a tomato! It's not a tomato!" He rushed. I stood up from working on the air duct, wiping grease, sweat, and dirt away with the back of my hand. I set the wrench down and walked over next to Scarlet. Looking down at Wolf's hands, was an apple with one single bite out of the side.

"That's an apple," I mumbled. Wolf became very confused.

"An apple?" He questioned, as if I'd just spoke some strange alien language.

"Yeah. It's a fruit," Scarlet explained to Wolf. He looked down at the apple, the confusing slowly floating away.

"Huh," was all he said before he took another bite out of it, turned around, and walked away.

Scarlet stared at me with confusion. I just shrugged and returned to the air vent.