Adoption

*****(Y/N)'s P.O.V.*****

The walk to the old and rickety orphanage I grew up in was filled with smiles, skipping and lots of talking from Cross. I suppose he'll officially be my dad soon.

"Hey, Dad?" I asked and he stopped talking to look at me with tears in his eyes.

"Yuki refuses to call me that. You're just amazing. Anyway, yes?" He replied giddily as expected from him.

"I know he's dead, but could you adopt Meno as well? I can feel him around me all the time and it upsets me. I always wanted to be adopted along with Meno." I asked and explained.

"His name was on the documents the entire time. I don't care if he's dead, he'll be my dead son if that's what it must be. He was a good kid and I know him and Zero could've gotten along well with their hatred. You did know of the vampire in your past right?"

"Of course." I replied. "She's the reason I couldn't stand Amaya the most. She reminded me of that filth."

"Here we are. We also need to stop at the VHA Headquarters to find something on Yuki's past." Cross said as he pushed the door open. "Zero headed down there earlier after Yuki lectures him."

"Can I help you sir?" Said the lady at the desk showing boredom in her eyes.

"Yes. I'd like to drop off these." He said sliding the papers over to her with a sly glint in his eyes.

"These documents have a deceased child's name on them. Are you sure sir? We haven't seen the young girl for a while."

"Of course. She's been attempting my school for some time now and I promised I'd adopt her dead twin as well. I do have things to do as the headmaster of Cross Academy so do try and be quick about this." Cross said and glared at the woman causing her to run off.

"That may have been scarier than Zero." I giggled seeing a girl my age glare at me and walk over. "Can I help you?"

"You just seem familiar to me." She said her nearly emotionless eyes glittering with curiosity. "I'm Rena and I'm 15. I've lived for a while and overheard that man and woman speak of a deceased twin. Meno was his name if I'm not mistaken?"

"Yes. He was my twin brother. Sadly he died from the amount of smoke he inhaled the day our lives crumbled before us. Sad really." I said reminiscing on the day I've tried so hard to forget.

F L A S H B A C K

"Meno! Please! You have to live! I can't lose you! Please keep breathing! You can make it through this!" I yelled shaking the shoulders of the only person who I loved. "Meno!"

E N D O F F L A S H B A C K

I flinched at the depressing memory and Rena takes note of it. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. I just had a little flashback is all." I said giving her a closed eye smile.

"That's good. So, is that man adopting you...?" She seemed to be concentrating on figuring out why I was familiar so I told her my name hoping it would help.

"(Y/N). (Y/N) Aratami-Cross. I'm keeping my original name forever." I giggled and her eyes widened.

"All that boy ever talked about was how amazing his older sister (Y/N) was. I just wanted to meet her once and now I have. You're more amazing than I imagined."

"Oh, why thank you!" I replied cheerfully.

"(Y/N). Time to get going." Cross said.

"I'll come back to visit you. I'll bring my friends Yuki and Zero. You'll love them." I said as I waved back to her and walked out toward the VHA.