The Price of Living

Why did she have to suffer for my sins? My daughter, my lovely daughter, taken from me because of my own selfish and cowardly deeds. Alex did nothing wrong! I wish that I could have been strong enough to save her. All it would have taken to save her would have been my own worthless life; a small price to pay and yet I could not do it. In the moment that my own daughter needed me the most, I turned my back on her because of my own Pride.

                 I should have known that he’d follow through with his threat. He killed everyone that crossed his path and yet I thought that he couldn’t do that to a child. When he arrived at my house, he demanded that I come out. I then noticed that he had my daughter with him. I could see him standing there with his gun pointed at her head, she pleaded with me to save her. Knowing that I was his real target, I told him that she meant nothing to me, only a pawn to achieve a greater goal. I thought that if I could convince him that I didn’t care for her, he would need to kill her. It seemed for a moment that he believed me when all of a sudden I heard a bang! In that instant, my sweet and innocent little girl was taken from me, her last thoughts being that I didn’t love her!

                  What is the point of living anymore? All I do is cause death and suffering to the people I love. How can I atone for all of my great sins? How can I get revenge on the monster who took everything from me?

                 Charles will pay for the sins he’s committed! No, I won’t kill him just yet. First I have to make him suffer as much as he has made me. I will kill his daughter right in front of him and only then, after he knows the pain that I now live with, can he be allowed to die. This will be my goal in life, my reason for carrying on with my sad existence. This burden that I now bare will be my payment, hopefully it will be enough for Alex.