vii

"how's the married life?" grayson asks his older brother who is sitting across from him on their parents' back patio.

"just peachy." ethan growls, rolling his eyes. as he takes a drink of his soda, raelei comes and scares him, causing it to spill.

"raelei dolan!" ethan scolds his daughter, standing from his seat quickly. grayson rushes to get a towel, helping him get cleaned up.

"daddy, can i have a sleepover with ryder tonight?" she makes her brown eyes big, hoping to convince him.

"go ask your mother." ethan replies gruffly. the little girl runs off in search of her mother while ethan sits back down, briefly closing his eyes to let out a sigh to calm his nerves.

when him and allyson left the house this afternoon, it wasn't on the best terms. they ended up yelling at each other for a good twenty minutes, arguing about any and everything. finally, they decided to separate themselves and become busy with other things.

even on the way here, they barely spoke. and now, allyson is most likely with cameron or lisa, doing god knows what. right now, he couldn't care less.

"trouble at home i assume." grayson intervenes on his thoughts.

ethan's eyes shoot open.

"today, yeah,"

before grayson can speak, ethan continues.

"she was nagging me. saying how much i wasn't doing at home and how i'm so lazy and she can't remember the last time i cleaned, blah, blah, blah."

"maybe you should let rae stay the night with cam, so you and ally can sort this out." gray suggests.

"maybe." ethan shrugs, getting up to go into the house.

"...but dad said to ask you." he hears his daughter whine to his wife. just as he's about to turn and walk out, his name is called.

"what do you think, honey?" when she says honey, a fake smile comes to allyson's face. he decides to take his younger brother's advice.

"i don't see a problem with it."

"yay!" ethan smiles at his daughter's excitement, and he watches her run off, probably going to find her cousin. his wife approaches him, and for some reason, he tenses up.

♡♡♡♡
this is a flop ewwww