Chapter Two

"What do we do?" Sasha asked, panicked.

"What do we do? We have to help her. We need to! She could be in serious trouble and we can't, I can't, let her get hurt!" Beckett said, frustrated. He was terrified from the phone call. He was losing his mind. A thousand different scenarios were running through his head.

"We need to tell Principal Durani. He'll know what to do." Carly suggested, her voice quivering.
Without another word, the dancers sprinted out the door to Durani's office. The group of four, arrived at the principal's office and practically busted through the doors.

"Ms. Catto, Mr. Bradstreet, Mr. Roy and Ms. Cristinziano. How may I help you?" Principal Durani asked the group. He was confused about why the four, out-of-breath, dancers were gathered in his office.

"It's Vanessa." Beckett said with concern. The group promptly informed Principal Durani of the earlier phone call.

"I'll inform the police. You four should wait here for the rest of the day." Principal Durani said as he put the school's phone to his ear, dialing 9-1-1. He was scared for Vanessa, but he was also scared for her friends, especially Mr. Bradstreet, who looked like he was ready to break down at any second.

The police arrived shortly after. Durani made his way out of his office to talk to the police, leaving the group of four in the room. Beckett began pacing while running his hands through his hair.

"Beckett, you need to calm down. The police will do everything they can." Carly said.

"Are you seriously? How can you even say that, Carly? There is nothing calm about this situation. Vanessa could be in danger! You're her best friend for crying out loud!" Beckett said, practically shouting.

"Of course I'm worried sick. Heck, I can't even think straight! But I know that pacing around and imagining the worst isn't going to help!" Carly replied, also shouting.

Beckett knew she had a point. He gave up, and sat down. He buried his head into his hands.

Carly's phone went off. It was a text from Vanessa. Carly opened it, to see a picture. It was a picture of a distraught Vanessa, curled up in a corner. Bruises were visible on her body. The group gasped.

"We need to show this to the police!" Sasha said alarmed. Sasha, Carly and Jenna rushed out of the office to find Durani.

However, Beckett stayed behind. He got a good glimpse of the picture, which was burned into the back of his brain. The picture played over and over again in his head.

A stray tear rolled down his cheek. Was he crying? It couldn't be. He never cried. However he found that more tears started falling. He was definitely crying, and he couldn't stop. Twenty minutes passed and Beckett regained his composure. Beckett finally headed out of the office to find the others.