What Sarah Said

(Louis)

I stared down at her pale face, trying to blink the tiredness away.

It had been so long since I'd seen her eyes. I can hardly remember what they looked like, but they weren't something you could completely forget.

I do remember the boldness of them. Yet I remember the softness they had.

And the breathtaking green that they were. And how she used to stare into my eyes; almost as if looking into the depths of my being itself.

Yet these are just memories. And memories fade as we do.

The general facts as to her exact eye color, and the way they saw, I could not say.

But how they made me feel; that is what I could tell you.

And how they made me feel was something amazing.

And the fact that I may never be able to feel that way again brings me back to the reality that I am unable to see her eyes.

All that is visible is her pale eyelids with soft veins. Her eyelashes placed gently against her soft cheeks. And her inevitable stillness.

No, I cannot feel that way.

But there is the hope that I may once more. And that hope keeps me here, beside her. Waiting for the inevitable stillness to be over.

Waiting to see her eyes once more.

-----------

So new story. I'm completely stoked about writing this, like you have no idea!

This story is mostly based off of the song What Sarah Said by Death Cab For Cutie.

I really hope you'll read.

Love you.

--wynter1975