Chapter 2: I got the beer and drugs!

I leaned towards the stove, taking in the smell of his stew. "That smells great. You have to tell me the recipe."

I noticed that Finn brought his own large pot to use and made way more stew than I thought he would. It could feed 40 people. I didn't question him because I had a feeling it was just to give my mom and I food for the rest of the week.

"If I tell you that I might have to kill you, lad." He said, pulling out his Irish accent that I secretly loved so much. "Just know it does include the typical Irish beverage: beer."

I laughed and looked at my mom. "Mom, you hear that? Finn is trying to get us drunk."

"As long as he makes his stew, I'm fine with that." She replied.

I pouted because I hoped to get him in trouble. Finn smirked, leaning towards me. "This is why I love your mom."

I stuck my tongue out at him.

The door suddenly swung open and in came Manny dramatically waving the stuff in his hands around. "I got the beer and drugs! Now it's a--oh, hi Ms. Mitchell. Mighty fine day we're having?"

I laughed as my mom tried to glare at him. She smiled instead. "You're lucky I can obviously see the Mountain Dew and loaf of bread in your hands, Emanuel."

Manny scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Yeah. I was totally kidding."

When Finn finished cooking, we all sat at the table enjoying his wonderful meal. I smiled appreciatively at him and then at Manny for the bread. His mom's bread is amazing.

"Thank you guys, for this. For everything." I told them.

"This is what friends do." Manny shrugged and grabbed the Mountain Dew and poured some in his cup. He took a huge gulp. After a second of making weird faces, he let out a burp.

"I give that a 6 out of 10." I said.

"That was absolutely horrific." Finn said dramatically, acting like Simon Cowell. He tried to do a British accent, but failed. "I won't remember you in five minutes."

"A four." My mom said.

Manny looked at her in disbelief.

"What?" She laughed. "Last week's was better. I agree with Simon over there."

"You are not going to Hollywood, Mr. Gilbert." I told him feigning sadness. "There's always next season."

Manny crossed his arms over his chest. "Then who thinks they can beat me?"

I was about to raise my hand when my mom let out the loudest burp I'd ever heard her do. I stared at her in horror. And then proudly.

"10 out of 10! Simply wonderful!" Finn cheered.

"I agree!" Manny roared.

"That's my mom! I got my killer burps from her!"

My mom blushed. "So, am I going to Hollywood?"

Manny, Finn, and I looked at each other before saying, "Hell yeah!"

Finn hugged my mom goodbye, followed by Manny. "Have a goodnight boys. Emanuel, drive safe."

"Will do, Ms. Mitchell!"

When she disappeared into the house, I wrapped my arms around Manny. "Drive safe, you loser. I don't know how much beer Finn put into the pot."

Manny laughed. "I do feel a little light headed."

I leaned away, worried. "You do?"

"Nah, I don't. Just kidding."