Highschool Marriage-chapter 2

Chapter 2

First Impression

The plane landed safely at 3:47 am. Yes, I noted the time. It was one heck of a journey and I couldn’t wait to get home and crash onto the heaven, which in common language, is also known as bed. And before you ask, it wasn’t pomegranate who bothered me. It was the infant in the seat behind me. He cried continuously, without a break. Didn’t he need to breathe?

I unlocked my phone so many times to check the time that its battery died just doing that. After that, I was left with absolutely nothing to do. So, I twisted in my seat to face pomegranate, hoping he could entertain me but sadly, he was busy snoring his lazy ass off.

After an hour of hearing the baby’s cries, I asked his mother if I could pick him up so he would maybe quiet down. I was really good with babies.

Once when I went shopping with my best friend, she couldn’t decide which dress she liked better and was posing in the mirror for ages. While she was trying on different clothes, I saw an adorable little two year old, clinging to his mother’s leg, begging her to pick him up. When she didn’t, he looked really sad and defeated. I offered him a candy and started playing with him. His mother didn’t even notice us because she was too busy squeezing into tight clothes. The little boy had so much fun that he refused to go back home. I had to come up with a lie, that I’ll see him again when he finally agreed and let me go.

As I was saying, I’m really good with kids but that plane kid was just too much. I rocked him back and forth, massaged his belly, swung him side to side, tickled him, and sang poems to him. I even made weird faces but he didn’t stop crying. I wonder what her mother ate while giving birth to him.

While I was busy singing poems and pulling of strange expressions to get the baby to giggle, Pomegranate was busy making my video. I was so distracted with the toddler that I didn’t even notice when he woke up.

“Hey, you there baby doll?” Pomegranate said tapping my shoulder, bringing me back to reality.

“Huh?” I asked looking lost. How long was he calling me for?

“No, you’re not.” He chuckled. Did he just answer his own question?

Enough with the questions, already. I’m busy! My brain retorted.

“I think that’s your bag there,” Poms said. Pomegranate was a mouthful, I needed a nick name. I waggled my head and stepped forward to pull my bag off the belt but Poms beat me to it. He picked up my suitcase with ease and gently placed it on the floor. He stood there, scratching his jaw awkwardly.

I creased my eyebrows thinking what was wrong with him when all of a sudden he spoke something so rapidly that I couldn’t make a single word out of it.

“What I’m saying is that,” he started really slowly as if I was a suckling and was incapable of understanding him. “Ididn’tknowyouweremarriedsosorryforbeingsoflirty.” He finished in a rush.

I narrowed my eyes at him like a mother does when her child does something wrong. “Repeat,” I said like a mom, scolding her child.

“Are you too dumb to get it?” he questioned, frustrated.

I just placed my hands on my hips and thinned my lips, hoping he would get the message.

“Okay,” He whined. Yep, he did. “I was saying that I didn’t know that you were erm….married so sorry for being so uhh…..flirty.” He said like a virgin freshman would say.

“That wasn’t so hard now, or was it?” I said, teasingly. “And you’re forgiven.” I chirped happily.

“Phew, I thought you would get mad all over again, baby doll.” he blew out air from his mouth and relaxed visibly. Hold a second, did he say baby doll? I thought he said he was sorry, didn’t that mean he won’t do it again.