O N E

O N E

Ashton. 

You are my light, my love, the centre of my universe. I just wish I'd known you sooner.

'I lost my number, can I have yours?' you'd said to me the first time we'd met in that bar.

You were unique, and you stood out for your own reasons – you were older than me, and I had never dated someone older. Let alone five years my senior.

I was nineteen, a fool in love at the time. But now, when I look back on that period in my life, I can tell that I didn't truly know what love was. Because I hadn't fallen in love with you yet.

'I have a boyfriend,' I'd said snootily, but you hadn't given up. You were honest, and kind, but you weren't pushy, and I liked that about you. I'd spent the last year and a half of my life in a pushy relationship, doing all sorts of things that I wasn't ready for.

It felt nice to have some respect.

'I don't recall being your boyfriend?' You'd said.

They say laughter is the best kind of medicine, and I know that they aren't lying. You healed me, Ashton, even though I could never heal you.

One hour later and you had prevailed. You seemed interesting to me, different. Confident, unlike myself. You were the person I always wished I could be, and I granted you that by giving in. 

I knew it was a risk to get your phone number, because my then-boyfriend was very over protective of me.

But I wanted to take that risk.

For you.

Turns out, risks are worth taking.

You taught me many things Ashton, but without speaking, you showed me that taking risks for someone you love is always worth it. 

So, thank you.

i really hope you guys like this chapter

idrk what to think about it but i hope it's not shit

tell me what you think maybe?

Immy

xx